Not exactly a truck camper.

Marc

Fire Proof
Have been wanting another bike for quite sometime and found exactly what I wanted. While not an off road macine, it works out great for quick get-aways to some of the local spots I like to camp at. I really have been enjoing the simplicity of this type of camping. Let me introduce .... The Silver Shadow, AKA Harley Davidson Road King.

marc

Attachments

• DSCN2474.JPG
    DSCN2474.JPG
    201.7 KB · Views: 112
Congratulations from a fellow HD owner.

Mine is 08 Street Glide and I agree it is a great way to go camping. Getting ready for a two week trip up through WY, MT and Sturgis. It will be my 27th year at the rally. Any plans to go? It really is a must see if your a rider. :D If not I'll post some pics but I'm not to sure how DD feels about adult content. :unsure:

Hi Rotti,
Work doesn't allow enough time for Sturgis this year but am doing the Reno run in Sept. with my HOG chapter. So far I'm really digging this bike. My first HD was an 89 Evo, great bike but his Road King is waaaay more comfortable.

marc

Yeah, my first Harley was also an Evo, a 85 FXRS. Really a great handling bike. I then went to a 02 Road King and then to the SG mainly because I wanted the cruise control and anti lock brakes. The trend I see here as I age is comfort is becoming predominate so I'm sure my next bike will be the Ultra. :)

Have fun in Reno.

Congratulations marc. The best road trip I ever had was on my Suzuki LC 1500. Rode through Utah, Arizona and Colorado. A little camping with a mix of motels. Man that was fun. Could of used some cruise control though. I still have all my compact camping gear, you never know. Looking forward to some trip reports.

Mike

Very cool Marc...We'll have to do a cruise together one of these days. You have to promise to go slow..the Ural ain't too fast :).

Sounds good Bob. Do you think Domino and Dillon could share the hack ?? :D

marc

Domino thinks it would be great having a big handsome boy like Dillon sitting next to her in the hack:rolleyes:
You'll need to get him some doggles....

Bob

Back
Top Bottom