(not so) Fantastic Fans

ShopK33per

Hey guys! long time troll, first time posting.

So I've been using my 2017 FWC Hawk a lot recently, and as the weather has gotten colder in the PNW, I've noticed that my fantastic fans don't turn on because of the temperature sensor thinking "Oh it's already cold I don't need to turn on"...

This is fine... until I start cooking dinner and can't vent anything.

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to get these fans to turn on in sub 32F situations?

Thanks!!
-Shopkeeper

craig333 said:
I knew they had a rain sensor. I wasn't aware they started putting a thermostat on them.
x2. This is news to me. Are you sure it isn't a dampness thing? It is the PNW after all. Either way. I would see if the sensor is replaceable in case it has gone bad. Or check to see if you can wire it to bypass the sensor.

No rain sensor present. unless I am missing something... see attached?

..and yes before you ask, in the sub freezing condition I have played with the temp nob to see if it kicks in at a certain location.

Attachments

• Fan 1.JPG
    Fan 1.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 59
  • Fan2.JPG
    Fan2.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 60
Our travel trailer behaves similarly, but I don’t recall exactly what we did to keep the fan running. I’ll try and get out to it to see if that will jog my memory.

Huh. My 2020 Hawk doesn’t have a temp thingy. Is that an old thing or a different model?
I have been thinking of swapping to a Max Fan. Would that solve these issues?

Back
Top Bottom