Not sure what to say about this

Shadyapex

Passed this rig on highway 95 coming into Beatty NV earlier this week.

Attachments

• DSCF3793.jpg
    DSCF3793.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 449
Well that's one way to move an old grandby camper and not that safe for sure. But seems to be working if only temporarily.

1990 Ford F-250
1997 fwc grandby

From the looks of the rig, and the gentleman driving it, I'd guess that this is his home. He was a nice looking, but somewhat shabbily clad older fellow. Tons of stuff was crammed into the space between the grandby and the cab, 5 gallon water bottle bungie corded to the pick up step. I watched him walk from his truck into the store, head held high, good posture, ignoring all the people looking on in dismay. I think he's making due with what he's got and he apparently doesn't spend much time worrying about whether to get a 1/2 or 3/4 ton truck. I wish I had gone up and talked with him. I did give him a rather wide berth when I passed him on the highway, though.

I don't think that one will be appearing in any FWC ads.

I wonder if Deaver makes springs for a '64 Dodge? And maybe a set of Fox internal-bypass shocks? He'd be good to go.

The retro trucks were a hit at the sema show this year. maybe he is on his way home.

I was half expecting (hoping) there would be a second picture of the rig jacked up into some crazy angle once he hit the hydraulics hahaha, low-ri-der. I guess it's good to know there's a shabbier fwc than mine still rolling down the road.

GroovyDad said:
I'd love to share a campfire with this guy; imagine the stories you'd hear.
As I said, I wish I had gone up and talked to the fellow. He looked like an interesting man who you might, indeed, like to share a campfire with. And I bet you would have heard some interesting stories. I spend a certain amount of time in this stretch of desert and you can bet that I'll be looking out for him in the future.

Back
Top Bottom