Note to posters in the Gear Exchange forum

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure
Site Team
Registering for a WTW account now requires the difficult task of emailing me for an account. It seems that the process infuriates a small handful of individuals. So if you are selling something you may want to consider adding contact information that can be accessed by non-members (like a phone number).

Good info. Never thought about WTW being much different than many other forums regarding registration. I added email contact info but instead of using the @ and . in the address, I used (at) and (dot) as a replacement. This should help keep autobot spam programs at bay.

Registering for a WTW account now requires the difficult task of emailing me for an account. It seems that the process infuriates a small handful of individuals. So if you are selling something you may want to consider adding contact information that can be accessed by non-members (like a phone number).

So what do I need to do to post?

Mick

What do i need to do to post? I'm trying to track down a used fwc somewhere remotely close to MT and would like to post my need in the gear exchange forum. Please help!

What do i need to do to post? I'm trying to track down a used fwc somewhere remotely close to MT and would like to post my need in the gear exchange forum. Please help!

Just click on start new topic, title it along the lines of looking for FWC, and compose your post. I always like "Preview Post" to see how it looks and try to catch my stupid mistakes. :oops:

(I see that ski3pin already provided help while I was composing my answer...but I'll post it anyway):

Zak -
  • Go to the Gear Exchange subforum
  • Click on Start New Topic

• gallery_2431_332_3627.jpg
  • Enter a title and whatever you want to say in the body.
  • Wait for the responses to pour in! :)

P.S. Your best bet is to just watch the used FWC alert thread pinned in the FWC forum and be ready to jump on something. Its a sellers market so sellers don't really go looking for "wanted" posts, they don't need to.

P.S. Your best bet is to just watch the used FWC alert thread pinned in the FWC forum and be ready to jump on something. Its a sellers market so sellers don't really go looking for "wanted" posts, they don't need to.

Thanks for providing probably the best advice!

mark b.c. are you in canada? i've been hunting for a hawk in canada. nathan.

nathan said:
mark b.c. are you in canada? i've been hunting for a hawk in canada. nathan.
nathan, No, the "BC" in my username doesn't refer to the Canadian province.
Good luck on your search -- it's tough if you're looking for used.

Just a note-I have really enjoyed this site. Thanks for your efforts in setting it up and maintaining it!

On another item-I have advertised a 2015 Four Wheel Camper Hawk on the Gear Exchange. We sold it today-(now we wait for our next one we purchased prior to the recent price increase) thanks again for making this available. I just got on the WTW site and posted that it had been sold -is that adequate or should I do something else?

Thanks,
Reggie

Sent from my iPhone using Wander The West

whitedog9 said:
Just a note-I have really enjoyed this site. Thanks for your efforts in setting it up and maintaining it!

On another item-I have advertised a 2015 Four Wheel Camper Hawk on the Gear Exchange. We sold it today-(now we wait for our next one we purchased prior to the recent price increase) thanks again for making this available. I just got on the WTW site and posted that it had been sold -is that adequate or should I do something else?

Thanks,
Reggie

Sent from my iPhone using Wander The West
That's it. If I notice an item posted in the gear exchange has been sold, I edit the title and add SOLD as I just did to your two listings.

Members can edit their own topic titles, actually, if they want to.
  1. Click on "Edit" at the bottom of the first post in the topic.
  2. Click on the "Use Full Editor" button.
  3. The Topic Title window is now editable. Add "Sold".
  4. Click on Submit Modified Post.
This only works if you're the member who started the topic, the "OP" (or a Moderator).

Looking for an 8 Ft. Alaskan CO. Mid 1970s or a little earlier pending condition. Looking for a solid unit, not a project.
Located in SF Bay Area and will travel to find a nice one....email me with pics/price.

FOUND ONE!

I posted a truck and pop up camper for sale in Gear Exchange. How do I "pin" it to the Used Pop Up Truck Camper Alert Thread?

Back
Top Bottom