Now Here is a Bad Day

No water shoes. No situational awareness. More courage than smarts. But he did have an appreciative audience, two solar panels on his rig - plenty of juice - and a nice beautiful sunny day!

I expect his GPS device told him he could cross at that spot!

AWG_Pics said:
I expect his GPS device told him he could cross at that spot!
One wonders if said GPS indicated presence of the bridge on which most of the gallery was positioned for the show.

As to the lawn chair spectators, we do a version of the same at the boat launch ramp on the first sunny warm weekend each Spring. There's a group in Florida which includes a number of guys holding rating cards from 1 to 10 so they can name winners and losers of the day's launches and recoveries. All in fun, of course.

any possibility that he could get ticketed from pics of his license plate?? the fellow doesnt appear to be the type to pass on generational wealth - as he is throwing money away.

My guess is he rolled in by accident some how? There is no where to go on the other side and the sharp bank proves it is most likely deep over there. Or perhaps he just skipped getting the stupid vaccine. Look before you leap!

Yes, this poor fellow obviously made mistakes, mistakes that were probably quite costly. And, he surprisingly managed to survive the vehicle recovery. There were many cringe-worthy moments in the video.

My favorite is still the couple in their lawn chairs on the gravel bar. It would have been great, as one posted in the comments, if a well dressed wait person walked up with a towel over the arm, and took their order.

I wonder if the truck and camper showed up on Craigslist shortly after this event?

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
My scary thought was with the lawn chair people.What if the tow cable snapped
could have been pretty serious for them.
Oh well all turned out pretty OK.
Frank
Good observation, Frank.

I am gobstruck... a bridge right there... why in heavens name is he in the water? This has got to be a real stupid idea from the get-go.
Please let us know how the heck s/he got in there!

buckland said:
I am gobstruck... a bridge right there... why in heavens name is he in the water? This has got to be a real stupid idea from the get-go.
Please let us know how the heck s/he got in there!
Peer pressure and ego?

Edit to add... he might have successfully done that route in the past but misjudged how much water flow there was. That is when "show off" mode disconnected the brain..... And that crated a Darwin Award moment that brought out the popcorn.

I prefer clueless to stupid. Although watching the dude go into a mostly underwater truck, and not care about the winch line....

pvstoy said:
Peer pressure and ego?

Edit to add... he might have successfully done that route in the past but misjudged how much water flow there was. That is when "show off" mode disconnected the brain..... And that crated a Darwin Award moment that brought out the popcorn.
That's very nicely put Patrick.Defiantly a contender for a Darwin Award.
Not making any assumptions but do you think some drugs/alcohol might be involved.
Frank

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom