Off Road Teardrop Camper for Sale

sameguy

Advanced Member
2006 Little Guy 6 Wide Sport, modified for off road adventures. $7500 or reasonable offer
For Sale or partial trade for FWC Hawk or similar popup
Sorry for the poor image uploading, more images can be found in my gallery.

Propex HS2211 Propane furnace 6500 BTU
Timbren Axle-less 3500lb. trailing arm suspension
Hubs and wheels matched to Stock FJ Cruiser
(30" tires on 17 inch rims)
2 spare tires mounted on FJ cruiser wheels
Frame reinforced with welded boxed 2x3 steel tubing
10 inch Timbren never-adjust electric brakes
1 x 100 AH lead acid deep cycle batteries
Battery Minder 12 volt maintenance charger
with full time Desulfator
20+ inches of ground clearance
front deck 26" high when level
Fantastic Fan
30 amp shore power w/ 25 ft cable
12 volt interior lights, side porch lights, rear hatch light
400 watt cheapo inverter
total length 17'
exterior width tire to tire 8'
platform 6'x7' with numerous tie downs
interior 6'wide x 7'long x 43"tall at highest point
will come with original tri-fold foam mattress
and 2 6 ft aluminum ramps for loading
rear accessory hitch, 300lb. rating I believe

There are probably more things to list which I will do as time passes or if there are any specific questions

The asking price is less than I have into it but compared to other campers with this level of capability I think it's fair. I will try to go down and get it weighed but with the frame reinforcement and new axle setup I would guess the total weight is around 1500lb. with 250lb. tongue weight.

Thanks for looking.

interior 6'wide x 7'long x 43"tall at highest point

The original tri fold mattress that came with it takes up the entire floor area. California King sheets fit perfectly. Its big in there, bigger than our bed at home. We don't use the tri fold mattress as it's rather stiff but it gets the job done. Generally we use some lux inflatable backpacking air mattresses with a thick slab of memory foam on top.

There are no leaks and no funky smells. We have been in some torrential downpours and stayed dry as a bone. In the winter I throw a big tarp over it to keep the snow off.

The Propex Furnace works fantastic. We had a cold snap previous winter when it was dipping down into the -20's. I donned my parka and fired up the Propex to see how it would do in such extreme conditions. It took about 30 minutes to warm the cabin to a comfortable 75 degrees and continued climbing. I don't think I'd really want to be out camping in that kind of cold but its nice to know it's capable if you got caught out in a blizzard in the mountains.

The connection for the propane tank comes out of the back hatch and the tank sits on the ground underneath the rear of the camper when in use. There is a big thick gasket in the rear hatch so you can just close the hatch on the hose for the tank with no worries about leaks. I set it up this way so I could have more flexibility on where I put the propane tank during transport. It would be a simple project to plumb it up to the front platform if you wanted to leave the tank in the same place on the front platform all the time.

The shot of the side of the camper in the second post shows the intake and exhaust for the propex heater. They are marine through hull connectors. Unfortunately one is chrome and the other bronze, as they didn't have both sized in chrome. I modified the chrome through hull to be the exhaust. There is a copper tube slightly smaller than the interior diameter of the through hull and floated it inside with high temp RTV. The through hull itself is also floated in the opening I cut in the camper in the same way. I wasn't sure how hot the exhaust would get and I didn't want to have to worry about heat damage to the structure of the camper. You can touch the chrome through hull connector when the heater is running without fear of burns. I may have over engineered it but better safe than sorry when you are cutting holes in the side of your camper.

There camper has a 7 way connector to the tow vehicle. I'll throw in a 4 way adapter if I can find it. The battery is not connected to charge from the tow vehicle as the connector hot lead is so small. I planned on replacing it with a more robust plug with larger gauge wire but opted instead to use portable solar or the Battery Minder charger with it's desulfating capability when we have 120v. 100 AH of batteries will run the camper lights and heater for a week easily.

There are 3-12 volt cigarette lighter type connectors on the interior as well as 2-120 volt shore power and 2-120 volt inverter receptacles.

I'll knock off $500 if you don't want the Propex Heater.

Attachments

• IMG_2780.jpg
    IMG_2780.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_2392.jpg
    IMG_2392.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_2774.jpg
    IMG_2774.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 147
more pics

Attachments

• IMG_2509.jpg
    IMG_2509.jpg
    289 KB · Views: 91
  • _MG_4814.jpg
    _MG_4814.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 99
more

Attachments

• _MG_4811.jpg
    _MG_4811.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 104
  • _MG_4809.jpg
    _MG_4809.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 93

Attachments

• IMG_1811.jpg
    IMG_1811.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_2264.jpg
    IMG_2264.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 99

Attachments

• IMG_2265.jpg
    IMG_2265.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_2786.jpg
    IMG_2786.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 60

Attachments

• IMG_2584.jpg
    IMG_2584.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_2787.jpg
    IMG_2787.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 89
Two things:

1) AWESOME build...love the way you extended the tongue and made the extra storage.

2) Some of my best trips have been with my 1970's compact Sears Tent Trailer, modified for offroad use. I use a truck camper, now, so that I can tow my Baja car...but I loved using that trailer on and off-road, when I didn't have anything else to tow behind me.

Good luck on the sale...someone is going to get a great deal!
-Kevin

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom