OK, I just can't do this!

Silvertip47

The Chair Bandit
Tearing into the old Northstar I've found it is pretty much toast. It's going away.

I also can't bring myself to plop down 15 grand for a minimalist camper. No matter how superb they are off road. Maybe if I was a young man with lots of years to use it!!!

I am going to buy the 07 Sunlite. I talked them down 1200 to 5800. It is in beautiful shape and a camper more to my liking. It is an 8' designed for a short box.

Besides the price the reasons are

Ease of off loading at camp to pull boat.
Capable of using it on the jacks only.
Toilet with black tank.
Gray tank.
Hotwater/shower.
Bed made up all the time, even with top down.

Will it last as long as a FWC/ATC? No. But then I won't either!!! :D

But it is a quality pop up and I figure it will last me as long as I want to do this, even what off roading I do. I hope!!!! :unsure:

I have a friend who has a sunlight, and he really likes his. It will be heavy, but with your f250 should not be a problem. Plus it sounds like it has the features you are looking for. Be sure to post some photos when you get it.

Did you consider one of the used ATC/FWCs floating around more close to your price point?

We love our ATC bobcat ,but I can see why you would want to get the Sunlight.The whole reason IMO to have an"RV" is to get out and enjoy life.If the Sunlight does that for you go for it.Have a great time.Get pictures.The price is good also.Yes at our age 15k is a lot of green to lay down.

Frank

Wait what happened....based on your thread in the ATC forum thought you were going with new? Good luck either way!

Tearing into the old Northstar I've found it is pretty much toast. It's going away.

I also can't bring myself to plop down 15 grand for a minimalist camper. No matter how superb they are off road. Maybe if I was a young man with lots of years to use it!!!

I am going to buy the 07 Sunlite. I talked them down 1200 to 5800. It is in beautiful shape and a camper more to my liking. It is an 8' designed for a short box.

Besides the price the reasons are

Ease of off loading at camp to pull boat.
Capable of using it on the jacks only.
Toilet with black tank.
Gray tank.
Hotwater/shower.
Bed made up all the time, even with top down.

Will it last as long as a FWC/ATC? No. But then I won't either!!! :D

But it is a quality pop up and I figure it will last me as long as I want to do this, even what off roading I do. I hope!!!! :unsure:

I know the feeling-every time i push that thing up, i wonder how many more times before i can't anymore-hey at least you will be still out and about and in some comfort! Lot's of adventuring still out there to be done!

Darrell's new rig....

Attachments

• senior.jpg
    senior.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 145
I know the feeling-every time i push that thing up, i wonder how many more times before i can't anymore-hey at least you will be still out and about and in some comfort! Lot's of adventuring still out there to be done!

Sounds like you need some roof lifter springs.

Excellent and welcome to the Sunlite family. I'm sure you will get many years of happy exploring in it. And look at all of the $$$ you have left over for gas money.

FWIW my Sunlite was pre-wired for a fantastic fan, if thats an upgrade you are considering you might already have the wires. Speaking of upgrades, I'd love to compare notes if/ when you decide to modify it.

-Vic

Did you consider one of the used ATC/FWCs floating around more close to your price point?

I'm way too old to wait that long!!! They are few and far between!!! :oops:

Wait what happened....based on your thread in the ATC forum thought you were going with new? Good luck either way!

$15,000 changed my mind!!!! :oops:

Excellent and welcome to the Sunlite family. I'm sure you will get many years of happy exploring in it. And look at all of the $$$ you have left over for gas money.

FWIW my Sunlite was pre-wired for a fantastic fan, if thats an upgrade you are considering you might already have the wires. Speaking of upgrades, I'd love to compare notes if/ when you decide to modify it.

-Vic

Previous owner had the Fantastic Fan put in. The only immediate mods will be putting in a couple 12 volt outlets and a battery meter. PM me anytime. :cool:

$15,000 changed my mind!!!! :oops:

I know the feeling. I was looking at a new ATC for retirement. Ran into a like new 2002 Hawk just over a year ago for $3500.

Nice find on the Sunlight it is a good looking unit.

Bill Harr

Back
Top Bottom