On a dry lake bed in Nevada

5 Speed

Advanced Member
Just wanted to share a picture of how beautiful our rigs are. I always carry two cans of gas on the roof, with the price of gas now around 4 bucks, that is about 45 dollars sitting up there, might put a lock on them in the future.

Attachments

• truckforweb.jpg
    truckforweb.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 563
Nice rig. I remember when it cost more to buy a fuel container than the gas to fill it up:D.

5 Speed, Any chance you can divulge the location or name of that dry lake bed? Or is it classified?
I have a small wind powered ( 4 meter sail) 3 wheeled cart I'd like to run on that bed.
Great Photo
Thanks, Hayduke

Couldn't agree more

Hey 5 Speed,

I really like the look of your truck. Can you guess why? Here is ours:

Attachments

• our rig.jpg
    our rig.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 420
The Green Tundra and Camper club

Hello -

So this is the unofficial start of the "The Green Tundra and Camper club"? If I were to give even more of my hard earned dollars to NV DMV, my Tundra+ATC shell would be a good candidate for a custom plate. See http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1191 for more pics of the TuRDle.

Attached is also a shot of my previous truck and FWC camper on perhaps the same (?) unnamed dry lake bed in Nevada. Hint - This is me 6 weeks after all 48,000 burners have gone home. This photos was taken when all 3 land speed teams were out there to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Thrust SSC record set 10-15-97 on the playa that speaks not its name.

-liltex

Attachments

• turdle.jpg
    turdle.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 333
  • ssc.jpg
    ssc.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 332
Hi liltex,

I like your SSC next land speed record holder rig:D

Years ago I drove with the Toyota and the old FWC Fleet model on that unnamed dry lake bed in Nevada (I know, I know, I know...pick me;)) I had the four-banger under the hood and had the gas pedal to the metal. It is a different feeling zooming across the playa. The bad thing was the fine siltly clay was everywhere. That's when I found all the leaks around the back door.

Don't have a green truck but have seen three here in the area.

Sweet pics liltex, good ole BRC, thought the playa looked familiar.

6 weeks after? Were you a participant?

Ssc

Hello,

I was not a participant in '97 when the record was set. My daughter (whose initials happen to be SSC) is about 4 hours older than the speed record - which explains why I was not on the Black Rock that day. Since, I have met many people from the Thrust team over the years. So it was natural that I would attend the 10th anniversary where not only did I meet those from Richard Noble's team - but also teams of Craig Breedlove and Steve Fosset (American Eagle) and the fastest Aussie in the world, Rosco McGlashan (www.aussieinvader.com). Check out http://www.landspeed.com/photo%20gallery/blackrock10thann.html for more info.

-liltex

Back
Top Bottom