One night in Tuktoyaktuk - our Northern Adventure

What a great adventure.In 2011 we had a 5 week journey from mid Cal.to Denali.
We also took a short trip on the Dempster only to Tombstone Park for the night.
We were on the Dempster beginning of Sept so the Tundra was in full color.
Your trip has brought back a lot of memories of ours.
We also drove the Cassiar south but turned around at Deas Lake due to landslides
farther south.We had driven the full south route back in 09 so the loss wasn't as bad.
Stewart/Hyder is quiet the place.We first saw that area in 1990 when the Alaskan Ferry mad it's trip there.
Enjoyed the photos although had to view them in the small size.
Thanks for taking the time to give us a great ride along.
Frank

Great trip report. Been planning for that trip in 2021 - the summer I retire. But we were going to paddle on the Mackenzie from Inuvik to Tuk. Might just have to drive it now! Thanks for the report!

Great trip report. It is on our list to do in the next year or two.
Can you reccomend any good paper maps of the various Canadian Provinces...time to get serious!

Great report trike . Plan on doing a trip up there next summer. Off to Nfld/Labrador in 4 weeks.

penner said:
Great report trike . Plan on doing a trip up there next summer. Off to Nfld/Labrador in 4 weeks.
Thanks. One day we will venture all the way East. It may have to wait until we retire, but I would really like to visit the Maritimes.

trikebubble said:
Thanks. One day we will venture all the way East. It may have to wait until we retire, but I would really like to visit the Maritimes.
Not that far for us since we live a couple hrs north of Toronto, Ontario. By the way, Awesome looking rig you have there !!

penner said:
Not that far for us since we live a couple hrs north of Toronto, Ontario. By the way, Awesome looking rig you have there !!
Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom