Opal Creek and Silver Falls Oregon, June 2016

Isn't Opal Creek spectacular in the simple beauty of low elevation old growth! Silver Falls is fantastic in the fall when the old growth maple turn color.

Thanks for sharing!

Very nice. I'll have to look at a map.I think we have been to the falls at some time in the past.
We will be headed through some "rodie" areas on the way to Eugene in 3 weeks but don't think any will be left
We got to see some great blooms years ago along the hwy 58 around the Salt Creek falls.
They sure put on a show.
Like the US map on the fridge door.
Thanks again for the trip.
Frank

I love the green, which is something kind of rare in the summertime in Nevada. The water looked so inviting--did you take a plunge?

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Isn't Opal Creek spectacular in the simple beauty of low elevation old growth! Silver Falls is fantastic in the fall when the old growth maple turn color.

Thanks for sharing!
This was only my second trip to Opal Creek, I've been up in Bull of the Woods, but I need to do some more exploring, it is an amazing place. I'll have to check out Silver Falls in the fall, another item for the list!

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Very nice. I'll have to look at a map.I think we have been to the falls at some time in the past.
We will be headed through some "rodie" areas on the way to Eugene in 3 weeks but don't think any will be left
We got to see some great blooms years ago along the hwy 58 around the Salt Creek falls.
They sure put on a show.
Like the US map on the fridge door.
Thanks again for the trip.
Frank
Yeah, I think the rhodies are going to be gone in 3 weeks unless you plan to detour to some really high shady country and even then it will be a challenge to find any.

GroovyDad said:
I love the green, which is something kind of rare in the summertime in Nevada. The water looked so inviting--did you take a plunge?
I didn't take the plunge, but there were a few people there that were jumping off a 30 foot boulder into the pool at Opal Creek. It was cool when we got there, but if it would have been as hot and humid as it was when we were at Silver Falls a dip would have been in order for sure!

Thanks all for reading!

Back
Top Bottom