Ophir, Kebler, Schofield & Cottonwood Pases, Colorado

Wow -- some great photos of great scenery, Bill. That pika with a mouth full of salad was pretty cool. :)
I really need to visit Colorado one of these years...

Another very enjoyable TR with awesome photos. That is one cute pika. Also enjoyed the Sphinxes. They are busy around the thistles here, and I never get tired of looking at them.

Well done!
Love seeing the scenery of SW CO. Especially with a FWC way up high. I was fortunate to be invited on a group run through the San Juans a couple years ago.

We just missed you at Cottonwood Pass since we spent several days hiking there starting on the Sunday after you stopped at Cottonwood Pass. We started in the Snowies near Laramie, down to the Flat Tops, Gold Park, Tennessee Pass, Independence Pass, Cottonwood Pass, and finally Monarch Pass via campgrounds and hiking. The Sunday traffic over Cottonwood Pass sounded like an interstate highway with all the big metal going East in the morning out of Taylor Park and then going West in the afternoon to refill Taylor Park. We stayed mostly East of the divide and had less noise and crowds. Trip report will be a winter project.

Back
Top Bottom