Ordered an Ocelot

Congrats on the Ocelot. Ive had mine for 3 years now and love it. This is my second camper on my 2002 Tundra AC. I love the convenience of the 3 way refrigerator, cook top, sink and water tank (with hand pump and very slow electric pump) and propane heater. I just saw an ATC build with a flush sink one burner cook top combo that might be nice.

http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/topic/14674-new-panther-is-born/

But for me I need two burners one for the percolator and one for bacon and eggs. Afterwards, its good to have the sink with slow running water ( so you don't use too much) to clean up. Love to drink coffee, listen to the radio, wash the dishes getting my hands warm and clean in the morning.

I like the 3 way refrigerator. At home I get it cold by plugging it in about 24hr before a trip, my only use for 120V shore power. On the road I switch it to 12V and when I stop for more than an hour switch to propane. You have to be careful to park level within a couple of degrees. On this last trip, I parked the truck at a trailhead for 6 days in Colorado with the refrigerator on propane medium and when I got back the refrigerator was still running, meat and beer were ice cold. Temps were in the 70's day 50's night so it might work as good in the desert. Also strong wind can cause it to stop working.

Really like the propane heater. On cold rainy nights, it's like having a small campfire to warm up.

Haven't used the fantastic fan over the bed that much, but on some hot nights it has been nice.

I like the window ideas. I like my sliding window. Never had a problem of water getting in, even have driven with it open.

Got mine prewired for solar and added two semi-flex 50W panels with Viltron Energy Blue Solar MPPT smart charger controller and their Control/Monitor. I haven't had any problems, the one 12V 75AH battery seems to stay charged without me doing anything. A couple of times I forgot to turn the refrigerator off after an hour or two. The battery controller/monitor is mount next to the thermostat and I notice the voltage was low and turned it off. Also in the day, if its sunny and I stop somewhere the solar provides about half of the 8A for the refrigerator.

DSC01042.JPG

And picked up an Ocelot:)

We picked up our camper about a month ago and have been enjoying it since then. I love the way it came out and the process with ATC was a pleasure.

The interior picture is of the drivers side of the camper. There is a large window on the drivers side and a shelf with a cushion on top of it. This cushion fits perfectly into the bed slideout with a small cushion that takes up the rest of the bed length. Underneath the bench is a small sliding door storage area. To the left of this is our heater cabinet with a two burner stove on top. It's great to sit on the couch and be able to look outside. The couch is the wider 38" model and more comfortable to us than the narrower couch that comes standard on the Ocelot.

The open layout of our camper is perfect for us and we have already spent many happy nights sleeping inside.

Thanks again to ATC and their willingness to build the camper you want!

Attachments

• DSC01038.JPG
    DSC01038.JPG
    259.9 KB · Views: 174

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom