Oregon Fire Ban

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human
Site Team
RV LIFE Pro
Just heard on a newscast that all fires in Oregon State Parks and beaches are now banned. That includes in fire pits, candles, tiki torches, etc. I think that's a first.

I heard that also. Only charcoal & propane are allowed. Wonder if they allow a flame to start the charcoal?

Main reason given besides the obvious excessively dry fuels was that too many fire stations are on skeleton crews with many firemen already out fighting wildfires so only small crews are available for normal activity.

Hope we get early fall rains in the PNW.

Paul

Surprising that they would even allow charcoal. The Forest Service bans won't allow anything other than a pressurized fuel source, so it can be shut off immediately.

It's very disheartening how the fires have exploded throughout the PNW in the past week. I guess it's just been a matter of time, everything is so dry and hot. The climate is changing. CA will become the Sonoran Desert, Oregon and WA will have all the trees burned off and become chaparral covered mountains.

http://gacc.nifc.gov/nwcc/interactivemap/index.html?webmap=ed0a7dad32fe4848b20c6f91c74c79ea

Very very smoky up here in Calgary. I think we are now seeing the effects of the Okanagan Complex Fires up in Washington. We have been under similar bans in SE B.C. and parts of AB since early July.

Jason

I imagine you'll have a lot of smoke to deal with for some time to come. Probably getting smoke from the Kettle Complex fires too. Quite a few in ID and MT also. Hopefully it's quiet for BC this year, they've had to deal with a few tough years.

Back
Top Bottom