Otto Step for your camper

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human
Site Team
RV LIFE Pro
I believe there was a thread on Otto Step a few years back, maybe even a group purchase for WTW. While poking around The Steens and Hart Mt last summer, I noticed the camper step the Ski3pins were using. A nice wide platform that fit into the receiver hitch. When I googled the step, I discovered they were just a short drive from me. I called, and Debbie said come on down. We did, and I got my Christmas present a little early.

Otto was their St Bernard who needed assistance getting into the back of their SUV, hence the name “Otto Step”. It is made here in Oregon, light weight and high quality. There is a 200 pound weight limit suggested. If you’re looking for a camper step, take a look at the Otto Step. A good product and nice folks!

If you’re interested...
OttoStep deb@ottostep.com 541 730-6250

We also had the 200 pound limit problem. We ordered it and it felt a little wobbly on the corners so we sent it back. But if it works for you, I agree it is a well made product. At least the fessed up to the limitations. I have a Cabela's folding hitch step that is tiny by comparison, but works for quick, in-transit access. And then I carry an IKEA wooden stool for camped use.

Just a reminder. These steps are sold as a step for canines, not people. That said, I like mine. I like to stay centered on it, to avoid the slight tippy feeling that Brenda mentioned, but I haven't seen anything that I like better.

I use something similar called the Twistep. It has a large step that swivels around under the rear bumper for storage. It also works as a nice seat or small table.

Back
Top Bottom