OUCH!

K6ON

Old & Soft
So as most of you know it's been slightly hotter than hell here in the Sacramento Valley. As such a few trees have been suffering, especially a couple in my neighbors yard. A couple days ago one decided to shed a large limb which happened to land on my camper.

Back in December, after some stubborn leaks, I had the roof re-skinned by Marty over at ATC. As usual
a great job, and no leaks.

Here's photo's of my new roof and the inside of the camper. Also shown is my neighbor holding the branch that landed on the roof. Now starts the battle with his insurance company....groan.
Marty at ATC has already patched the roof but I'm left with a mess of a headliner. This should be fun..NOT!

img_173827_0_9d752d7d4c8e9a59362b12dda823f158.jpg

img_173827_2_b087637879d7174a63b64a6c8da792f2.jpg

img_173827_4_5cca5ae26c26e4083d28688968aa1488.jpg

The branch just missed the side liner...and no damage to either solar panel....whew!

Wow! Good thing no one was sitting on the couch! Looks like a spear through the roof.

cwd

Wow! Gee Bob-at least it happened in Sac and not out in the boonies! Just sitting here thinking what I would do if I was say, at one of those few places we usually stay that even has a tree and that happened. Lot's of duck tape and hope, I guess would work for a quick patch???

Smoke

Crap! It's frustrating for sure. We've been dealing with windfall from our neighbors tree all spring. Luckily nothing has hit the camper or the house yet but we're getting tired of collecting and cutting up branches. We did lose our internet for a couple of days when the cable got taken down by a big branch. As others have said, glad it happened near home and no one was hurt. Good luck with the repairs and insurance.

To say that sucks is insufficient. The heat has been bad even up at the lake. I jumped in my truck to leave and the rear view mirror had fallen off. Glad the weather has calmed down a bit.

That really sucks. I worry about trees or branches falling every time there are heavy winds at my place. I had a large oak come down and a pine took out a storage shed this past winter. I'm just glad it wasn't my home. Good luck with the repairs!!

Back
Top Bottom