ouch!

caseboy

i just started ripping the front end out of my 75 10'co.i thought this would be a semi easy replacement of front end board and ceiling panel along with a new vent.wow--rot goes down the side too.the whole corner curved area is crumbled wood. so it looks like a three wall replacement on the front end.the wood is a lot better at the spot where the cabover meets the box section,so i'm not going farther back than that point(unless the other side is way worse). anyone out there have pics or advice on the job at hand?anything that i have to watch out for? it seems straight forward--cut new wood to fit and seal like crazy.

wes

Attachments

• corner 1.JPG
    corner 1.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 242
  • corner2.JPG
    corner2.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 383
  • corner3.JPG
    corner3.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 400
  • corner4.JPG
    corner4.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 227
Take deep breaths.....

Haven't been there...don't want to go there either

good adhesive sealant for shifting pieces.....Loctite PL urethane...use the door and window sealant...takes about 3-5 days to cure out but it remains flexible and it's waterproof

seal your outer drain gutter too...with butyl tape or butyl bead from a glaziers.

good luck

thanks,i'll look into those items.on my 10'nco, i used a product called lexel.it's a clear flexible sealer. seems to be doing well on my drip edges. i found a site called "smallutions" that had a series of pics doing this same repair(among other unrelated projects).i e-mailed brian at alaskan campers for advice or plans or dimensions,but he had no set of plans for the older ones as they weren't all built by the same companies.so i'll build it to fit. i'll do the two sides first and then the front panel.that should keep me with the same dimentions and a good open-close.it's such a big job, i almost have to talk myself into working on it.once i get past this part, the rest of the restoration will be easy.

thanks for yakin' with me

wes

Back
Top Bottom