Our new Flatbed Hawk

Lighthawk said:
Steve, that is one sweet rig, very much what I would like for my next truck/camper. Do you have inside photos to share?

Like Paul, I have the tundra/hawk with hellwig sway bar and air bags. I'm glad I have the sway bar to dampen side to side movement. I assume it helps while at rest also.
Sorry about the photos. After Sioux and I drove the rig back to Durango we headed out on a long-planned trip to Thailand. We have been "wandering" over here for almost four weeks but will be heading back on Monday. Will take some interior photos then and try to (painfully) post them. (The "perceived space" inside is incredible.)

BTW, the people who fabricated the actual flatbed did a great job. (If anyone is looking at a build like this I can send you their contact info.)

Durango1 said:
Now that is thinking outside the box!

However, the movement isn't bad enough to add something else to my set up routine. Just wondering if a "rear sway bar" (which I think I need any way for stability under way) would be effective while parked too?

Anyone an expert on rear sway bars? :)
I replaced the factory shocks on the back of my 2005 Dodge with Rancho 9000's for the same reasons you describe. I had a full sized Lance camper and the dealer recommended these with air bags. I don't think they work as well as a rear sway bar, but do work well at reducing sway. They have dials on them that allow you to adjust the stiffness of the ride. I found the dial very difficult to turn. I have them set on the highest setting and never readjusted them.
Steve

oregonfj said:
I replaced the factory shocks on the back of my 2005 Dodge with Rancho 9000's for the same reasons you describe. I had a full sized Lance camper and the dealer recommended these with air bags. I don't think they work as well as a rear sway bar, but do work well at reducing sway. They have dials on them that allow you to adjust the stiffness of the ride. I found the dial very difficult to turn. I have them set on the highest setting and never readjusted them.
Steve
Thanks for the suggestion, Steve. I may have to do that.

Searching the Internet I simply can't find a rear sway bar for a 2012 4WD Ram non-diesel 2500. Or am I just not finding the right Google words? Ideas welcomed!

Back
Top Bottom