Outdoor shower help

Can you point me to the inner pin that needs the carefully planned and executed "smacking" ??

ImageUploadedByWander The West1463682739.820063.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Wander The West

Well, on mine, it was the centre pin. But mine is a metal quick disconnect. Yours looks like plastic in that photo...a smacking may not be the best idea ;)

Jason

FB,

Send the photo above to FWC...ask them for advice. "Horse's Mouth", so to speak.

Still believe accumulation of scale or debris at that disconnect is blocking the flow...but I could be wrong!

Phil

I have a water heater but my shower quit working a few years ago. I took the valve off and disassembled it and found check valves inside that basically worked to block any cross connection from hot side to cold. While taking it apart I lost a spring so I removed the other spring and reassembled the valve and have not had a problem since

Chukar Hunter...

Virginia City where justice is not blindfolded! My old stomping grounds. RHS '60.

Phil

Have you found your issue? if you can access the back side of the outdoor shower unit from the inside it should be a pretty easy test to see if the gaskets are stuck on your valves like ours were.

I sent Stan an email and was waiting his response before digging into it further. That will require shutting water off and draining the tank and I've got a full plate with work this week trying to get ready to go on a little weekend camping trip starting Friday morning. We can make it through the weekend without a functioning cold-water-only outdoor shower :)

Problem solved!

I called FWC and they said it sounded like a bad valve so I purchased a new valve setup.

Finally got around to tearing everything apart this morning and the problem was a stuck fitting on the cold side of the valve. A little push with the Allen key and reassemble everything and now we are good to go.

ImageUploadedByWander The West1466956717.884686.jpg

ImageUploadedByWander The West1466956731.588351.jpg

Now have a brand new shower valve on hand if anyone needs it!

ImageUploadedByWander The West1466956768.222976.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Wander The West

Back
Top Bottom