Outdoor shower tent reccomendations

smlobx

Lost again
Our new Hallmark will have the outdoor shower option on the left side of the camper.
We're looking for a shelter that we can erect for some privacy when needed.

Does anyone have any reccomendations?

Thanks and Happy New Years!!

We use one like this here. We mainly use it for the potty and a solar shower every once in a while, but will start to use it more with the shower that our Hawk is coming with. We've found it's important to bring some sort of mat or base as well if you're using it for a shower to keep the dirt from splashing back up on your feet. We're going to try and make something out of wood, but we're not sure about storage and weight. We may end up with a plastic/rubber floor mat.

31S-HBwzIzL.jpg

Don

-

We bought one from Gander Mountain and it is still in the case unused, around $100.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Wander The West mobile app

I use the same on as elmo_4_vt and if you can just master how to collapse it (it's kind of tricky) it's a simple, fast, affordable shower tent.

I use the tent that came with my PETT Toilette - works fine. looks very similar to elmo's. I use bungees to tie it to the top of the camper so it does not blow away. I also use a floor mat from the truck to put down to keep the dirt off during showering.

Ramblinman:

Great idea on the truck floor mat for use in the outdoor shower, no extra weight and nothing extra to pack (or forget ;-)).

Bill

Thanks everyone!
Don, that tent looks like it would work great!
And the idea of using the truck's floor mat is ingenious!

We have a popup tent too. It was cheap in price, and is a pain to wrestle down into the bag, but it can be done!

We use a brown astroturf doormat that we place at the bottom of our stairs into the camper, and it is perfect to stand on when showering. We have a tiny tripod table that has a cordura fabric top, which we bring into the tent for shampoo, soap and razors. A camp chair is stationed just outside, with towels at the ready.

_DSF8325-L.jpg

I anchor the tent to the corner of our camper with a carabiner I have inserted through the spring steel tent structure, which attaches to a one of the rear steps on the camper, with a strap to lengthen if we are on a slope. The benefit of anchoring the tent is that we shower and leave the tent set up to dry, and in the morning it's still there! Our last night in DV was so windy, I strapped a rock to one corner, but the carabiner up top is what keeps the tent secure no matter what.

Hot water is supplied by our Zodi Extreme, which I power off a two gallon accessory propane tank. I used to heat the tank on the stove of the Hawk, but felt uncomfortable with the risk of being burned. Outside on the Zodi tripod is better, especially run off a larger tank than a one pounder.

We just used this system on our winter DV trip and had excellent steamy showers, which earned me bonus points with my S.O. ;)

BrianG said:
Only shower on nights when there is little to no moon glow!!

Happy New Year!
My wife and i frequently camp with a couple of coworkers in the wilds of the PNW.

One particular evening three of us took our respective showers before putting the BBQ on.
The fourth waited until after dinner for his. Now....he is not the brightest light in the stadium and well...
This was the first trip for their new "Shower Tent".
Since it was after dusk he took the LED Lantern into the tent and set it down on a folding table.
And proceeded to take his shower.

Lets just say if we were in the French Quarter in the 1930's he would have been a top act in a vaudeville show...
Shadows and all.

Soooo funny the three of us fire side nearly lost our desert laughing.

Thom

We had a single area shower tent but my wife opted for this Ozark from Walmart of all places ;) We camp in the Hawk but still do a bit of Tent camping in an OZ RV2 when we want to get away in the Jeep. This tent allows for a changing / dry(er) area for changing too or with our camco portable toilet a bathroom
area if with another couple or group. I have not taken yet to see how well it works with the Hawk. We are both in our 60's so need a bit of creature comfort ;)

k2-_7a4efbb0-615b-42b1-b9b7-c9da7e7f2a50.v2.jpg

We use a Zodi i.hut which is somewhat fussy to set up because of the long, shock-corded poles but is sturdy, functional and easy to move. It comes with a separate floor sheet for dirty areas or it can be used without the floor on grass. The door zips closed, there are pockets inside to hold items, stakes for wind, and an optional top for overhead privacy. We added a small tire-link door mat to stand on.

gallery_4486_837_211511.jpg

Our pop-up shower & porta potti enclosure sits inside of a 4' x 4' x 4" high heavy-duty cordura "pan", with a drain on one corner. A short length of hose laid downslope will allow the gray water from showering to flow into an old Reliance water can, an old solar shower, or other catchment. The system is thus usable in NF and BLM campgrounds where it is illegal to dump gray water on the ground.

Foy

I go a different route. Instead of dealing with the carrying, setup, clean/drying of a tent I just keep a pair of oversized swim trunks.

cwdtmmrs said:
Foy, That sounds great.....what do you have?

cwd
From Decker's Hot Camp Showers, it's a Paha Que Teepee Drain Catch, or some paraphrase. Decker's is apparently a small camping supply house out of Petaluma, CA. If you can't find them with Mr Google, let me know and I'll hunt up my specifics. Mine ran me about $40 on sale a couple of years ago.

Back
Top Bottom