Outdoor shower?

dennis 221

So after taking shower water heater an water pump switched off. Will the shower water lines going up to shower head drain back into camper or do they stay charged ??

Essentially, the outside shower lines stay charged. They are not emptied without action on your part.
To test this, turn off the water pump. Wait a few minutes and turn on the outside shower again. It should run for a few seconds until the pressure is relieved.

To drain those lines, you will need to perform the winterizing process as indicated in the owner’s manual.

Paul

PaulT said:
Essentially, the outside shower lines stay charged. They are not emptied without action on your part.
To test this, turn off the water pump. Wait a few minutes and turn on the outside shower again. It should run for a few seconds until the pressure is relieved.

To drain those lines, you will need to perform the winterizing process as indicated in the owner’s manual.

Paul

Might add that I believe the shower fixture just inside the FWC wall will retain water even when system is "drained" and can freeze/rupture in winter...

Wallow thanks that's y i asked. Woke up 4 mornings this spring an it was 22degs outside. Thanks Paul..

The current fwc manual recommends you blow the system out with low pressure compressed air. My new camper came with a fitting for that.

Jon R said:
The current fwc manual recommends you blow the system out with low pressure compressed air. My new camper came with a fitting for that.

Jon may be on to something....but the pressurizing [blowingout] of my older '16 Hawk will not push water out of the shower fixture only the other tubing/plumbing....from what Jon sez, I am assuming that this oversight was corrected in his '21 Grandby...good.

Wallowa said:
Jon may be on to something....but the pressurizing [blowingout] of my older '16 Hawk will not push water out of the shower fixture only the other tubing/plumbing....from what Jon sez, I am assuming that this oversight was corrected in his '21 Grandby...good.
It should blow out the shower as well - but of course the shower itself needs to be attached and turned on during the blowout.

The shower is definitely the weak point for freezing, at least on the flatbed campers. I ended up adding shutoff valves on the lines to the shower. In the autumn I blow out the system and shut the valves to the shower. I can then use the water system (carefully) in the winter without danger of the shower freezing.

I haven’t tried blowing it out but I plan to drain the water and reload for a trip this weekend so I’ll blow it out and report the shower results afterward.

Hey while we're on the topic of outdoor showers -the shower on my Fleet will not mix cold & hot water. The pump comes on but only scalding hot water comes out no matter how I feather the control.

Any suggestions?

Hollyburn said:
Hey while we're on the topic of outdoor showers -the shower on my Fleet will not mix cold & hot water. The pump comes on but only scalding hot water comes out no matter how I feather the control.

Any suggestions?
Hollyburn, when this happened to me I found a problem at the quick connect attachment in the valve box on the outside of the camper. There was a plastic gasket that had turned sideways blocking water flow. I ended up replacing the valve box.

FreezingMan said:
Hollyburn, when this happened to me I found a problem at the quick connect attachment in the valve box on the outside of the camper. There was a plastic gasket that had turned sideways blocking water flow. I ended up replacing the valve box.
It’s been awhile so the piece may have been metal.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom