Outfitter Camper - Caribou and Caribou Lite "Height - Truck Floor to Roof Vents"?

hnwilcox

Good Morning Campers,

I presently have an Outfitter Apex 9.5 - great camper! Along with the very spacious Outfitter Apex 9.5, I have a Silverado 2500HD 4x4, and sometimes tow along my Jeep Unlimited Rubicon.

Great set up, *but*, I have to winch my camper into the garage as the Outfitter Apex 9.5 is too tall to drive in on the pick up. Slight grade on my driveway makes putting the camper in the garage a bit challenging to do, even with the winch.

I would like to simplify/streamline to one of the smaller Outfitter truck/camper combos that fits into a 8ft garage without winching camper in(?)

I'm trying to get an understanding of actual measurements on the Outfitter Campers. I would very much appreciate feedback from Outfitter Owners!

What is the actual "Floor of the Pick Up Bed to Roof Vent measurement" of your Outfitter Caribou model or Caribou Lite model?

In trying to understand possibilities for driving a PickUp/Camper Combo into my 8 Foot Garage (96 inches), my research suggests that it MAY BE POSSIBLE to drive a Caribou Lite model and Silverado 1500 into an 8 foot garage??? Any thoughts on that?

I am hearing that the Silverado 1500 4x4 Load Floor Height is 33"? Anybody have actual measurements from their truck?

Outfitter Caribou Lite model is "about 61 Inches from PickUp Bed to Roof Vent" and Silverado 1500 4x4 is "about 34 inches Pick Up Bed Load Height from Ground". That combo SHOULD 94 inches, which may just squeak by(?)

Outfitter Caribou Model specs suggest 63 1/2 inch height, but is that all the way to the vent?

I believe that the Four Wheel Camper setups, with their very low 54 and 59 inch floor to roof vent height, would work. But, have really enjoyed the Outfitter Campers and great Factory Service experience and would like to stay in the Outfitter family make an Outfitter model work if possible.

Howie

Can't help you with the Outfitter but my 2012 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 and FWC Hawk just clears my 8' garage door with 2 or 3 inches to spare.

Many thanks Rotti,

Great to hear that the Four Wheel Camper Hawk on a Chevy Heavy Duty will fit! That is a good start on helping me to figure my options.

I think that the Four Wheel Hawk is quoted as "59 inches including vents, on most trucks".

So, that may mean, with the "few inches to spare" that you mentioned, your 2500HD 4x4 Load Floor Height must be around 35".

35" Truck Load Floor Height from Ground + 59" Camper to Roof Vent; would add up to 94', or 7 feet 10 inches.

That would explain the few inches to spare you are seeing with your 8 foot door!

Just went out and measured and yes about 35.5" bed to ground. The factory spec unloaded is 37.9" so with my Hawk (1300 lbs dry, empty and jacks off) it settled in the back a couple inches.

Hope your length is okay. I was short 5 or 6". Ended up cutting a "hood window" through the interior wall and moving the front garage door and wall out to get the brute in. My wife and "friends" thought I was crazy.....but a big hail storm not a month later proved my brilliance :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom