Outside shower using existing pump?

We've always used the collapsible sun showers but I've been eyeing the hard shell pressure sprayers mostly because it's not always easy to find a tree to hang the shower from when you need it.

Can't find one of these for sale yet but might be a good combo of the pressure sprayer and the collapsible shower if they get them to market and they're durable. Expected price is a bit high.

http://www.trailspac...nemo-exped.html

I'm with you Les. Sun shower has worked for us. And if it's too cold heat water and swab down. Strike another blow for KISS

We just pour a bucket of warm water over each other and then we kiss.

We've always used the collapsible sun showers but I've been eyeing the hard shell pressure sprayers mostly because it's not always easy to find a tree to hang the shower from when you need it.

Can't find one of these for sale yet but might be a good combo of the pressure sprayer and the collapsible shower if they get them to market and they're durable. Expected price is a bit high.

I have the Zodi pump sprayer and it works fine when there is no tree, but is pricy. I also have have a sun shower, which I just fill with stove-heated warm water on a cloudy day--cheap simple, but no KISS. :(

I have the Zodi pump sprayer and it works fine when there is no tree, but is pricy.

How big is the Zodi pump canister without the stand and burner? Do you use the provided burner or can you heat it on your camper stove?

How big is the Zodi pump canister without the stand and burner? Do you use the provided burner or can you heat it on your camper stove?

Easy to heat on the stove.

As Leadsled says, it's easy to heat on a stove, being 18 inches high. I didn't buy the burner and stand figuring I'd be using my two burner camp stove as heat. Also, I've been known to heat water in a pan and pour it in the Zodi if I only need small amount of hot water for myself.

I like the Duckworks though, especially the price.
Has anyone actually used one?

I bought one after seeing it here on the forum. It was between the duckworks and the hotjugz, but I think the ductworks has a bit more capacity. Was using a modified water fire-extinguisher prior to that.

I really like the simplicity the pump/spray showers and the duckworks product has worked well for me. Made a cool shower mat out of 1x2 and coated steel wire, now all I need is Kodacrome's roof rack shower enclosure! :cool:

this looks promising- I posted elsewhere as well

My link

Attachments

• HELIOfootpump.jpg
    HELIOfootpump.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 96
HikeMT, I've been looking at the Nemo unit, but haven't committed... yet.
http://www.ccoutdoorstore.com/nemo-helio-pressure-shower.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping_engine&utm_campaign=google&gclid=CJ3c7uvr5bECFcLCKgodxksAog

We have a niece and nephew coming to visit in late Sept. and we're taking 'em to Cedar Mesa for several days. They're city kids who, while fit athletes, are hygiene freaks. I know I'm gonna be lugging LOTS of extra water for them. The things we do for family.

Anyhoo, I was wondering if any Wanderers have used this system.

Thanks!

Steve

Here is my indoor shower for trail head camping, where privacy is required. Hey, it even washes the trailer floor. :D I hang the bucket higher to increase pressure and the pump is powered by four D cell batteries. Water is heated on my outdoor stove. My shower mat is made of bamboo and I stand on a plastic doormat to dry off. Living large!

Attachments

• indoor plumbing.JPG
    indoor plumbing.JPG
    270.5 KB · Views: 139
I bought the Harbor Freight transfer pump. You can connect a female garden hose fitting to both the in and out, or a male 3/8" fitting. Since I removed the fridge a couple years ago I installed the pump just inside the external door that provided access to the guts of the fridge. There is enough room in there for me to connect a hose for input and output. I still had the fridge wires sitting in there so I hooked it up with a little switch I had. I plan on putting the shower tent right next to the camper/pump from which one can reach through an opening in the tent and switch the pump on and off. The input hose will simply run about 5' into the water carrier that lives on the back bumper. The output I haven't quite figured yet, a piece of garden hose would be fine for filling the camper H2O, not sure what I'll use for the shower head or whether I'll need to install a valve to regulate, I assume so. I'll play with it tomorrow and report back.

Update on actual use: I haven't been using my 4Wheel as much, got a new woman and that required a fancy truck camper, a 9.5 Lance with AC and a wet bath, but I just finished a trip with the FWC and used the transfer pump as a shower and as a great way to refill the Grandby watertank. I usually carry an extra water jug on the rear bumper, holds 6 or 7 gallons. To get that water into the Grandby I just drop one hose from the pump into that container and the other hose from the pump goes into to Grandby tank. Hit the switch and it pumps, no more lifting or getting water all over me. i don't even need to move the extra tank off the bumper until I want to refill it. Mine is hardwired and the switch is accessible via the old fridge access door but it could easily be made as a portable unit as well using a cig lighter or other electrical connection. If you want a hot shower I just heat a pot on the stove and add it to a bucket and pump straight from there.

A 12 volt shurflo pump mounted to the top of a 5 gallon black plastic bucket works well for hot water or shower. Just don't let it get too hot. The water in the bucket can be heated either in the sun or from a length of coiled up heater hose in the bucket, tapped in line, with on/off gate valves, from the vehicles heater hose. The pump mounts to the bucket lid with the inlet dip tube placed through a hole in the bucket and the discharge end connected to the shower hose and spray head. A hand spray or rainwater showerhead works great. I've found about 104 degrees works right for me for a shower. It's enough for two people if you take a Navy shower. Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom