Overland Driving Course at Overland Expo 2013

Bosque Bill

Here is a brief report about the overland course at the Expo and some photos to give you an idea. The last two photos are of my Tacoma and FWC Fleet:

Bosque Bill's Wild Ride

I hope to post a report about the rest of the Overland Expo tomorrow covering the camping, exhibits, demos, classes, etc.

That is something I would like to do with my camper. I would like to know what its limits are and that seems like a safe place to find out. My truck is also stock but does have some gadgets like rear lockers and the atrac system. I haven't fully tested them yet (except inadvertenly with the atrac on slippery roads in the winter- it does help- and the downhill assist once on a steep hill with loose rock). I hope this summer finds us in some spots for further testing. Thanks for the report.

Thanks for this report Bill. Good on you for taking your new Tacoma and Fleet on that course - looks like a great learning experience.

Sorry to see that Range Rover lifting a wheel due to limited suspension travel. It likely has air suspension which has little travel and very poorl reliability as it ages. Kinda' sad because it was Land Rover themselves that showed the world that keeping all four wheels on the ground under twisting conditions is the best and safest. Land Rover used to offer no lockers as they weren't needed since the Defenders with the coils rarely ever lifted a wheel.

Back
Top Bottom