Padding Jack Mounts

camper rich

Has anyone come up with a good idea to pad the corners of the jack mounts? I have run into them once and my wife has hit her head on them a couple of times. I'd like to think we would learn to not hit them, but the reality is we are usually paying attention to something else when we run into them. I'm sure we're not the only new owners to do this.

Similar to pool noodle, you could use copper pipe insulating foam. Easy to get from any hardware store.
or this stuff

71AXB7sbhxL._SX425_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Elf-Star-Protectors-Premium-Density/dp/B00XCV4BA4?th=1

A problem more have discovered than just me. Kills my shoulders when I bump into them at night.
I found 3/4" reflective tape on a roll that pulls off in 1" strips. I wrapped a couple of strips around each jack mount near the bottom corner. Wrapping around the outside edge lights up the corner from all directions. Because it happens to me mostly in low light & I usually wear a headlamp, the reflective spots really help me avoid those hard, unyielding corners.

Paul

I've had these on for about two years now....

HawkBracketBumpers.jpg

I originally put them on to cover up some of the hideous-ness of the rusty brackets right after I bought the rig. After refinishing the brackets I realized I liked them better than the plain brackets.

At the time, the pipe insulation was available by the piece at my local Lowe's or Home Depot. I zip-tied them on and tried to turn the heads of the zip ties into the hole as best I could.

They're a bit too limber. You can see at the bottom of the closest one that it bows out a little. It's not exactly a classy solution but works for me.

Back
Top Bottom