Park Fire

craig333

Riley's Human
I did not expect to see it across 36 this early. What a monster. They're done an incredible job keeping it from heading east but its going north till the winds change. I've been following
. There is even a new update an hour or so ago. He needs sleep. This one may make the Caldor and Dixie fires look tame. I hope not. I just don't know what else to say about this one :(

That's one nasty fire and the guy (alleged) who started the fire is a real nasty one also.
Now the people who live east of the fire area in Paradise are told be ready to get out.
It's going to be a very bad fire season.
Stay safe out there.
Frank

Great pics. I always look to see if any of my engines from Lassen/Modoc are in there.

A break from the smoke this morning-have not turned on the air purifier yet :love:today! This whole area of NE Calif/Nev/Or has been under smoke/red flag warnings since Friday with fires in all directions and states. Nice fire cloud shows at night with high winds and no rain. We are surrounded by fire with a new one now burning out in my old stomping grounds in the Buffalo Hills just to the west of the Smoke Creek Desert-isn't it fun living out west!! I think my planned run for the Steens, then south toward Austin is on hold for a while? Well guess I can hope they don't cut the power here and I'll watch the Olympics until I can make a break from here! Boy that Park fire sure is getting closer-just evacuated Lassen Park yesterday.

Smoke

5pm, smoke just came back in & can see the tops of the trees across the street now, just closed all the windows and turned on the air purifier, another fun night in susanville!!

Smoke

So stressed for my neighbor as their family has a ranch that is now in the middle of the fire. A souther arm of the fire raced up from the south to east. There a fire crews there working on the ranch to fight it. No happy as this fire like others impact people lives and properties.

Screenshot_20240807_210655_Chrome.jpg

The Crozier Fire, north of Placerville started the morning we left on our current adventure. My brother and wife evacuated their horses and moved valuables as they were in the voluntary evac zone. A friend has been sending me concise daily updates via InReach as there was the possibility it could move southeast toward our home. My brother's area has been repopulated. The threat has diminished. They are now able to travel to Colorado for our oldest brother's 60th wedding anniversary celebration.

Wildland fires, I'm getting real tired of it all.

Back
Top Bottom