Pass thru window question for Stan

BrianS4444

Stan,
When the rain hit a couple weeks ago, I was traveling from Las Vegas to LA. I drove in the good driving rain for a couple hours. Upon entering the camper after traveling in rain, I noticed the pass thru window to be soaked and the cushion to be totally soaked. Kind of a bummer. The camper is a 07 Grandby...I would think the windows wouldn't leak in only a few years time....Also the window seems "loose" in the track,esp. on the right side. Thanks.

Looks like you have quite a bit of space between the top of your truck in your camper in the picture, how much gap is there? You might be getting too much "driving" for hitting the camper window.

In contrast I only have ~1.5" gap are find that portion of my camper is usually pretty dry even while driving in rain. I love that window for foul weather ventilation.

Hi...
Pod8 has a good observation, and the leak is caused by the driving rain overpowering the weep holes in the window. A sliding window has to have an escape route for water in the track, hence the weep holes. We have changed over to a different style window - lift out rather than slider. Frankly, even though it works when closed properly, it's a pain to operate. So, we're working with new manufacturers to find a better window.
tom

Thanks for the replies fellas. I have come to a conclusion that I just had to caulk up around the window some more. I do not have a pass thru window on my truck. I would be interested in getting rid of the opening window for a solid piece of glass like Tom speaks of. Any chance of that happening? Tom?
Also I am looking into a Air foil setup...thinking this might direct the rain else where...

Thanks for the replies fellas. I have come to a conclusion that I just had to caulk up around the window some more. I do not have a pass thru window on my truck. I would be interested in getting rid of the opening window for a solid piece of glass like Tom speaks of. Any chance of that happening? Tom?
Also I am looking into a Air foil setup...thinking this might direct the rain else where...

Sure, we can change out the window for a "picture window". We'll need to know which window you have now, so when you call in to set up a service appointment, confirm with Terry the details. Should take less than two hours; we'll have to make sure it's sealed properly and the old caulk is removed as necessary.
tom

Back
Top Bottom