Passport renewal

craig333

Riley's Human
Okay, not planning on needing it real soon but its good to be prepared. I've been meaning to see when mine expires. Last year :( Fortunately since it hasn't been over five years, I still have the old, its a pretty simple process to renew. Just get a new pic, send in the fees and the old passport.

Of course I know everyone on WTW would never let theirs get out of date!

My last passport renewal was when I was still working, and my employer paid for it since I needed it for work travel.
I've still got another 3 years of use of it on the company's dime.

I last used it in to visit Boquillas del Carmen in February...for fun, not work. I plan to use it again this fall. :)

It might be worthwhile to get a Passport Card at the same time, I think it is $10 extra. Another photo id that can be useful for Canada, etc. Although once when I tried to use it for flight with TSA, the agent did not have a clue what it was and have to have a supervisor come over to look at it. Pretty funny actually.

We just sent ours in a couple of weeks ago- they expire in June. A week later two envelopes came back from the passport office. I got super excited thinking we had hit the timing jackpot getting them back so soon. Opened the envelopes and found out they had just returned our applications- forgot to sign the darn things, doh! So we signed them and sent them in again. Now we wait.

Having been born here in America I am a US citizen but both my parents were born in Ireland...so I have an Irish passport as well. I try to keep both up.

buckland said:
Having been born here in America I am a US citizen but both my parents were born in Ireland...so I have an Irish passport as well. I try to keep both up.
Rob I have a similar situation.
I am an Italian citizen, through my grandfather who never became a US citizen, so my father although a born US citizen was born to a non citizen.I have a Italian passport but haven't used it as of yet. My daughter who lives in Barcelona ,Spain is able to live/work there due to her duel citizenship.
Great benefit.
Frank

I just renewed mine. It had expired more than 15 years ago but since I still had possession of it the renewal process was very easy. It was still considered a renewal but is a different kind since it expired greater than 5 years ago.

I got the passport card as well. Mine was $30. extra but I carry it in my wallet all the time just in case I need my passport while on the road. I am often near the Canadian border and live near the Mexican border so you just never know.

For those not familiar, the card is only valid for travel in North American, and is not valid for international air travel (Ground and sea travel only).

I lost my wallet once a few years back. While waiting for a new license I had need of ID. I can't recall what it was for but I remembered my passport. No one argues with a passport ID.

Back
Top Bottom