Patching Roof

Dusty Roads

Advanced Member
Any ideas here? Last night I went to the garage to look at my old FWC, to get some ideas about interior layout. Opened the entry door, turned on the lights and hit the switch for the overhead door. As I watched the overhead door retracting, the camper moved a little on the dolly. I wonder what that was? When I finished, I hit the button for the door. The camper moved again. I gotta figure this out....

Long story even longer, the camper top was up and the garage door hardware tore a hole in the roof. Shat!!!! I am estimating there is a tear about 4-6 inches long and not very wide. Flatten it out and add a patch over it? New space age boat repair in a can?

I am planning to remove the roof this spring, and replace the lift panels and install a new sideliner. Any ideas on fixing the roof?

Thanks for any help.

Lighthawk repaired a hole in his camper roof a few years back - very well done. Do a search and see if you can find it.

JB Water Weld is a water proof epoxy. I have used it for screw holes. It is also white.

Thanks Lighthawk! My google-fu found your album, but not your write up. I will review that. Did you just call and order a patch piece?

Thanks!

Edit: Nevermind..... I read where you got the patch material. Thanks again for a good write up and the pix!

Back
Top Bottom