Peace of Mind Truck/Camper Security

PopArch

Hi. I understand that, even with security in place, if a thief wants your truck, or camper, they will likely find a way to steal it. Unfortunately, nowadays, it's even happening off the beaten path. When we hit the road, we like to find dispersed campsites near forest road trail crossings. We sometimes spend all day out on the trail. Just looking for some peace of mind while we're away from the truck/camper. We've looked at a few things like "The Club" steering wheel lock or a Trimax Wheel Clamp, would also consider adding an engine kill switch. I know none of these are fool-proof. I guess the goal, at minimum, is to create a visual deterrent to stealing the vehicle. To have a thief second-guess whether it's worth their time. Before we invest in any, or all of these current ideas, wanted to reach out to the community and see what others have tried, or have a preference for. Would be a bummer to get back to the campsite after a great day hike and find the truck and camper gone. Apologize if there is a thread for this topic, didn't come up when I searched for it. Appreciate your thoughts!

We don’t have one but I’ve heard of people carrying a small version of the “Denver Boot”, the device you clamp around a wheel to prevent it being driven or towed away without a dolly. ‘ anyone else have thoughts on those?

Back
Top Bottom