Perseid Meteor Shower, August 12 2017, Nor-Cal

barkerco

Hello,

Anyone heading out for the meteor shower? August 12? I was thinking of heading up to the Sierras, Bishop area or something up there.

Good call. I've gone up to Loon Lake in the western Sierra, and out onto a Nevada playa.
This year, we're playing everything by ear, since other projects are dominating our time.

They should be beautiful even in the Santa Cruz Mountains... I will watch them from my deck in Boulder creek :)

If the smoke clears out, come on up an view the meteor show from Dry Valley and the Smoke Creek Desert-or if they put the fires out near there , try Reservor "C" on the Devil's Garden area of the Modoc NF.

Smoke

Thanks for all the tips and offers. I think I'm going to Utica Reservoir with some friends if anyone is interested.

Lighthawk said:
Good call. I've gone up to Loon Lake in the western Sierra, and out onto a Nevada playa.
This year, we're playing everything by ear, since other projects are dominating our time.
Loon Lake is great - especially if you paddle out and camp on the island. Another great view is from Rock Lake in the Grouse Ridge Area. There's going to be too much moonlight and people out there to make it worthwhile for me this year.
Cheers!!

Back
Top Bottom