Perseid Meteor Shower

billharr

Looking for advice on where to camp and watch the Perseid Meteor Shower. Looks like the peak will be August 11th and 12th. Thinking about eastern Sierra's along 395. Now traveling in my Class B van so nothing rougher than a forest road to get to the camp spot. Moon sets at 10:05 PM in Bridgeport on Aug 11th so should be good viewing. Fires may affect the location. Where do you WTW members recommend?

Bill

Out West, at least Oregon, Idaho....we have a lot of smoke from fires [one is 273,000 290,000 acres .."Bootleg"] so even seeing the mountains 3 miles from our home in NE Ore is impossible [smoke to above 9K ABSL]...check smoke map and the makes some phone calls...

https://www.airnow.gov

Been wondering the same Bill. I think I will wait until the time is a little closer as smoke and heat will factor into my decision.

"Been wondering the same Bill. I think I will wait until the time is a little closer as smoke and heat will factor into my decision."

Ted you are right on that. Change in the wind and some areas will be out. Let me know where you decide to go, may join you and check your Tiger. Just can't be much more than a forest road for my van. AWD but low clearance.

Bill

Back
Top Bottom