PETT Toilets

Anyone have any experience with the PETT toilets that have the gell bags from Phillips Environment Products. Do the bags really not leak? Also can you really dispose of them with regular garbage? Thanks, Scott

Too "stinkin'" expensive...

Dear compactcamping-

Welcome to the forum.

I researched the PETT toilet, and it seemed like a viable idea. So, I adapted it to make it more affordable. You might like my design, presented in this thread--

Cat Litter Toilet

Mark, thanks the welcome and the pointer. Kitty litter, now that's a great idea, much more cost effective than Pooh-Powder. Never having owned a cat, I don't even think of it, although there's a bag of it in my garage for oil spills.

I have some. Got them for use in the Jeep, but I"ve never had the opportunity to actually try it out yet.

Wife loves the PETT toilet but the bags can get kinda pricey. You can buy the Pooh Powder in bulk though or use kitty liter.

I bought the Pett toilet but never got a chance to use it. Later sold it and the "wag bags" that were with it. Nice unit but pricey. When I got our Eagle, we were not too pleased with the potty that came with it. Too short and didn't want to mess with the liquid chemicals and dumping etc. Made up a potty using an old aluminum framed folding camp stool and a throne to sit upon. Use regular garbage bags and a deodorizer and fluid solidifier, just like the pricey stuff with the Pett toilet system. Also picked up a throne room aka tent, at Walmart now SWMBO is happy. The stuff we use is Smelleze urine solidifier and deodorizer. Works well and no worry about leaks or smell at lots less then the Pooh Powder. here is a link. http://www.imtek.biz/page/N/CTGY/sg-ursd

Tim, Reno, NV

I'm glad Pam doesn't read this site. I'd have all sorts of stuff to carry with me on trips. She seems to have adapted to what a bear does in the woods and the port-a-potty for peeing at night. So its dig a cat hole and burn the paper during the awake hours and toss the over night stuff and rinse when I can. Its worked now for 20 years so I think I'll stay with it.

As far as showering we use a Sun Shower around the blind side of the camper for her if people are around and for me ... No one has cared about looking at me naked for years now.

Smelleze

The stuff we use is Smelleze urine solidifier and deodorizer. Works well and no worry about leaks or smell at lots less then the Pooh Powder. here is a link. http://www.imtek.biz/page/N/CTGY/sg-ursd
Tim, Reno, NV

TIM, I built one of Mark's Cat Litter toilet boxes but I am currently trying it with the WAG bags. I like the idea of the gel so far but, as others have said, they're expensive. Do you use the Smelleze granules or powder?

I ordered the granules but was sent the powder. I think the Wag bag uses powder. Next time I order I will ask for the powder, maybe they will send granules..:rolleyes:
Tim
Reno, NV

Dear hoser--

Welcome to the forum.

Mark
Thanks Mark! Glad to be here. I do not currently own an ATC/4WC but would like to get one in the future.

Especially "Little Jack"! What a spectacular 300th post for me huh?

Back
Top Bottom