Pett Vs. Wet

way old thread but i'll chime in : )

My wife and i really appreciated the ease of the Thetford c402 cassette toilet, same unit utilized in the ER and X P Camper. The down side, not quite as bad as having to find a dump station... is that very third morning we would have to dump the cassette in an appropriate location such as a sani-hut in the national forest or similar.

In planning our next rig i am hoping the engineering/design can accomodate a "liquid seperating toilet" such as the AirHead. Two people full time you will only have to dispose of the dry-solids once a month. Liquids automaticaly separate into a 2 gallon container that can be disposed of easily.

in emergencies? we carry plastic bags and that gell stuff others have mentioned. works fine.

Ok, even though the topic has probably been beat to death, I will keep this question short, mabey make it a poll?
What seems to be a better toilet and why, Pett style vs. porta potti's (the kind with liquid that you flush)?

We camp in a kamperoo tent trailer and use the Pett. It is easier to store in a limited space and we have addressed the high cost of bags/dry chemicals by using heavy duty kitchen bags and Poo Powder. After about 6 months of traveling North West Canada and Alaska it seem to work well, especially at night.
Dave

Back
Top Bottom