Philosophy

K6ON

Old & Soft
This is a deceptively simple philosophy that I have been working on and refining for most of my life.
I am delighted to say that I believe I have refined it down to its essence sufficiently to share it with a select band of friends that may appreciate its elegance and simplicity.

Attachments

• diligaf.jpg
    diligaf.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 210
Have you refined this philosophy to the point of putting numbers on the horizontal axis?

Have you refined this philosophy to the point of putting numbers on the horizontal axis?

Done....

i've found that in my, shall I say, less aggressive years (69 tomorrow) Bob's "simple philosophy" is serving me well and, for the most part keeping my out of trouble. I also find that of all the days of the week my favorite at this stage in my life are W. T. F.

I also find that of all the days of the week my favorite at this stage in my life are W. T. F.

Yes! :D

Good one and how true!!!!

I used to think wow, the older I get the more patience I have. Then I realized the truth. I just don't give a ****!!!! :D

Yep, most of those sayings sort of say it as it is, but since I hit 65, each day I wake up again is a win (most of the times) with the major problem being trying to remember what I'm trying to remember and "FTA" meant F--- the Army many years ago:LOL: and come to think of it I may have first learned :unsure: that bit of wisdom in the army :D!!

Smoke

Old age is golden, or so I’ve heard said,
But sometimes I wonder, as I crawl into bed,
With my ears in a drawer, my teeth in a cup,
My eyes on the table until I wake up.
As sleep dims my vision, I say to myself:
Is there anything else I should lay on the shelf?
But, though nations are warring, and Congress is vexed,
We’ll still stick around to see what happens next!
How do I know my youth is all spent?
My get-up-and-go has got up and went!
But, in spite of it all, I’m able to grin
And think of the places my getup has been!When I was young, my slippers were red;
I could kick up my heels right over my head.
When I was older my slippers were blue,
But still I could dance the whole night through.
Now I am older, my slippers are black.
I huff to the store and puff my way back.
But never you laugh; I don’t mind at all:
I’d rather be huffing than not puff at all!

How do I know my youth is all spent?
My get-up-and-go has got up and went!
But, in spite of it all, I’m able to grin
And think of the places my getup has been!I get up each morning and dust off my wits,
Open the paper, and read the Obits.
If I’m not there, I know I’m not dead,
So I eat a good breakfast and go back to bed!

Back
Top Bottom