Photo Uploads

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!
I continue to struggle on uploading individual photos. I have some wildlife and mountain photos to share. When I try and up load, it says the photo size is too large. If I click on the photo image, it wants the URL, which I have no clue as to what that is and where I find it. Could someone give me the step by step to uploading photos. I placed one in my gallery but don't know how to move it to the wildlife thread. So any help on loading a picture from my photo file to a post and/or from my gallery to a post would be great. Thanks, jd

JD, send me a pm with your cell number and I will try and help. I typically do not load photos to the gallery, but rather to an external site like Flickr, or I load directly to the post I am working on.

URL stands for Uniform Resource Locator, and is a way of addressing places on the Internet. For example www.wanderthewest.com is a URL.
Steve

Steve, thanks for all your help trying to guide me through this mess. This morning I removed Picasa from my office computer and set up a Flickr account. I uploaded my photos to Flickr. I tried my cell phone for uploads to WTW, but once I'm on the WTW site there isn't anything on my phone that allows me to upload a picture. I also tired to pull a picture off the blog, but that didn't work. There isn't anyway to change the photo size on Flickr, so for the moment I'm still not able to upload a photo as it keeps saying the size is too large. I tried downloading one of the photo shop apps, and it ended up downloading 5 apps for spyware, etc., but not the photo shop app. It took me 30 minutes to un-install all of that.

I think I need some type of photo shop app that is easy to use and allows me to crop and perform some simple touch-up tasks. Hopefully someone can help with that.

This whole process has been extremely frustrating, seeing all of these large pictures on the wildlife post, and only being able to load a thumbnail which is hard to see. jd

John, on your phone/tablet click the "More Reply Options" button. That will bring up the buttons to upload from a phone or tablet. It will not, to the best of my knowledge, allow you to link to Flickr by using the 'image address' as I haven't found a way to right click. It may allow you to get the BBC code. I will try that and let you know if it works.

Back
Top Bottom