Picacho State Park, CA

chnlisle

Post Master
Pam and I are headed to the other side of the river on Monday. I have a friend that once was a ranger at Picacho. She is always telling us how great it is so we'll give it a try and report back. By the way if you find your self on the 395 in Independence and need a nice cozy very clean room that is quite reasonable stop at Ray's Den. The owner is Linda Ellsworth. She was the ranger I spoke of. Tell her hi for me.

The Hawk is packed, India the nutso boxer and Larry the 24 year old cat are with friends, Rambo the wonder chug is sitting on the center arm rest and Pam is reading the AM paper.

We are outa here. I should have cel coverage down there its just 30 miles from I8. I'm bringing the laptop to keep you guys honest.

TT you're right. It was pretty cold at night but the feather bed and down bags kept us toasty. Didn't need to fire up the Heat Pal. Its a good thing too since I forgot to bring the propane canisters. Wed night it warmed up by at least 30 degrees. The days were gorgeous. The river is very open there. We just saw kayakers on it. The water toys gang probably aren't interested in an area that has virtually no "civilized" improvements. Not a bar to be found.

Back
Top Bottom