Picked up a new to me FWC Granby today

lcgeek

Been lurking here for a few years and always wanted a FWC or ATC. Decided to pull the trigger today on what appears to be a mid to late 90's model Grandby Shell. Overall it seems in really good shape and just needs a little TLC. Looking forward to hitting the trails!

It will be coming off the homemade Ford truck bed trailer :0

That's going to be a nice looking rig. Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing your improvements and of course some trip reports.

That is going to look good in the back of your Ford. Looking forward to what you do with your new camper.

thanks guys. A few more pics...started to clean her up today.

All the aluminum is in good shape except for one small area that will go against the back truck cab glass area (out of sight. Nothing major. All else exterior wise is decent enough.

http://s193.photobucket.com/user/lcgeek/media/20151018_123843_zpsosmzkjja.jpg.html

Interior is the basic shell with some home made cabinets that will probably come out. They are thin and a bit cheesy but I will leave in for maiden voyage just to see.

Need to get some holes drilled in the truck bed and get her mounted next and take her our for a spin.

Lcgeek nice camper by chance did you pick this up in Tempe az? For a great price? I'm asking because I think I called on it.talking with the guy he was surprised that it was mentioned on this site

Thanks again. I am looking forward to FWC ownership!

Tpuckett - yes got this from a fellow Texan in Tempe :) Small world, after talking turns out he and I went to same Jr and high school years ago in Tx.

We had some torrential rains and high winds the other day so was a good bench test for leaks...and leak it did. After getting some great customer service and direction with a call to FWC, I picked up some #10 screws, new neoprene washers, and some marine silicone. I am removing all the old and going one size bigger and topping with a tiny mountain of silicone.

I also am removing all existing silicone and applying new down the center where the two halves meet.

I also suspect a small leak around the roof vent. I am not sure if current seal is silicone or not? If so, would I need to remove ALL of it before applying new silicone or is there some other type sealant that would stick and seal? Most of it looks good but there are a couple of small areas that are suspect.

I finished replacing and the roof screws and washers so moving on to interior. The old vinyl tiles looks better in this pic than it really is. Gaps between tiles and the tiles were brittle and cracking. Got it all pulled out and started laying new. The fun continues :)

I did the roof screw replacement about 2 years ago and an very happy with the results. All my leaks were fixed, except for the ones on the canvas. Good piece of mind especially when spending time in wet environments.

Finally got the Grandy shell loaded on my F350 and ready for maiden voyage.

Thanks guys. It was a great first trip although only an overnighter :) Camped at Roosevelt Lake AZ. Should have brought a thermometer as my female companions were quite cold during the night. Otherwise we had a great time and the Grandby worked great.

Great find. Keep the pictures coming. I just picked up a 97 grandby my self. ImageUploadedByWander The West1447651250.097780.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Wander The West

Back
Top Bottom