Pics of the truck we got for the Grandby

REDBEAST9

OK, I posted alot of pics of the camper in my intro. I bought this used cheap for my Farther since he is to old to handle a RV anymore. I have been using it on my F150 since it would fit his newrd Dodge. Well after my Farther and I looked at alot of trucks (FORD) we found one we liked with low miles that the camper would fit on. Its a 95 F250 extended cab long bed with 95k with a 460. We wanted the larger motor for pulling a boat, mule, 4 wheelers, or the Bronco for wheeling trips. We bought it last week and today I finaly had the time to go instal the camper for him. I still need to make new push panels to hold the top up and get a window ac unit.
Well here is a few pics;

p8090005.jpg

p8090006.jpg

p8090013.jpg

p8090019.jpg

More pics in a few!!!

Sorry the pics are not the greates, my wife took them.

Also, I mounted it with bolts through the floor. Also put a rubber mat in the bed of the truck.

Question, how many bolts are needed and where should they be placed???

I put 2 half inch bolts in it for now. I searched the whole floor and only found where was used before we got it. And no, this does not have the cut-outs on the sides for turn buckles.

Let me know what yall think, Thanks.

more pics

p8090026.jpg

p8090027.jpg

p8090028.jpg

Thats enough pics I guess. If anyone knows about how many/where to put the mounting bolts through the floor please let me know. Thanks yall!!:thumb:

When I bought my keystone it was on a long box ford f150. It had 4 bolts holding it onto the truck. 2 in the front and 2 in the rear. If I remeber right they were probably about 1 foot from the front and 1 foot from the rear of the truck. They were spread out to be just inside the seat and right next to the cabinet.

I have the same truck, '95 F250, Ext. Cab., 4X4, 7.3l Power Stroke, with a '85 Granby mounted with through the floor bolts. Mine uses three bolts down each side to secure the camper. The bolts are not uniformly spaced, but rather appear to be located to miss obstructions under the truck bed. While they secure the camper well, they require precise alignment of the camper to truck bed to install.

Thanks for the replys guys! So 4-6 bolts is the ticket, cool. It will only be taken off if maintenanc is needed. So getting the holes to line up should not be a issue for us.

I would have liked a diesel but my Farther hates the ratling, I had a 84 with the 6.9 that I sold when diesel first went over 3 buxs a gallon a few years ago. He said after riding in that truck with me he did not want one. The 460 is a hoss (we've had a few before) and gets about 12 mpg loaded or empty.

We realy wanted a 4x4 but for 3k we couldnt pass this one up! Besides we realy dont need 4x4 anymore since we carry the mule or 4wheelers anyway when we go hunting. And when we bring one of the boats we use good ramps so 4x4 realy isn't needed.

So far we have 3k in the truck, 300 for the camper, and 70 in the potti. Thats prety good so far, total $3,370.
I figure it will cost less than a hundered to fix the push borads, 100 for ac, 50 for wiring 110 outlet with breaker, and a few hundered for a generator used. So in the end we should have about 4k in it when all is said and done.

Looks good. He needs to ride in a new diesel. Rattle is nothing like it used to be.

:thumb: THANKS, I agree but he is very set in his ways, we did look at a few newer diesel flatbeds (early 2000 fords) but he stil didn't like the diesels.

We talked about the price of diesel fuel and the cost of a diesel truck compared to a gasser. We gave 3k for this truck with 95k. The same diesel truck in this condition with 95k would have easly cost 7k or more. So thats 4k savings. Now the 460 will only get 12 mpg and a 7.3 diesel will get around 18mpg. But the diesel is about a dollar more per gallon. So that puts the fuel cost much closer with the diesel at a smal advantage. And 4k buys alot of fuel or is enough to get a rebuilt 460. This rig will only see between 5-8k miles a year at the most and will probley never see more than a 300 mile trip one way(if it was being used for long hauls I would have insisted on a diesel). The 460 is more than enough pulling power for our needs. Also the maintenance is alot cheaper on a gasser. For us the 460 fits the bill in every way.

Back
Top Bottom