Pictures of a "Hoist house" or similar mining structures

mtn-high

Campground Host- FUNKYTOWN
Yo WTW!

It's been awhile. I hope all of your travels have been going well.

We are starting to transition into "retirement" and into the new digs near Salida/Howard. Still have houses to sell and jobs to end...but the notices are in and we are "done" with the concept of working for a living....at least for someone else. By the end of May we should be moved/have the house on the market/job is over.

Downsizing from 2200 to 800 sq ft.....so we are looking to build a "car barn" kinda of a gig to hold all the crapola. You know the gig! You also know that any decent "farm" or rural property has a barn that is larger than the house...which won't be a problem here but is gonna keep the standard in place. Fortunately, my wife isn't into the BIG house motif... whew....lucked out there....

Anyways..... we are settling on a design....and we are leaning hard towards a "mining" motif. I know many of you (Dirty Dog) have made extensive trips to multiple mining towns/remnants of towns/etc...and someone here may have a picture or two of these kinda structures. I've Goggled my ass off...and have found a few pics of similar shaped buildings...but with the resources here I thought there might be a chance someone had something loike i'm looking for..... something with this shape (hoist house w/tower).... We will shrink it down to affordable scale...LOL

Any help appreciated!

And if yer in the neighborhood.........there are plenty of places to park creek side.....

be safe out there folks.

mtn

Attachments

• yankee-girl-mine-steve-stuller.jpg
    yankee-girl-mine-steve-stuller.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 113
How about this one? :D Just kidding. Congrats on your impending retirement. Good plan on the downsizing. We have been talking about doing that too.

images

Back
Top Bottom