Pinal II

Handling

I have a truck similar to yours, (see signature) and air down to about 30psi when driving off road. Makes all the difference in the world.

30 sounds about right... I started researching air pumps last night. Here's the problem: for the cost of a pump, I can camp instead. And my allowance is a little low, right now...

I noticed some of the same phenomenon with my Dodge and the factory suspension. After upgrading to the Lorenz suspension I can go faster than any sane person should over those types of roads w/ or w/o the camper.

Dude! I can already go faster than any sane person should! :D I just want to do it more comfortably...!

In all seriousness, this truck has potentially many duties over it's lifetime. I am not ready to make any major suspension changes, yet. I've kind of ID'd Fabtech (6"+3") for a closer look, but I have a problem justifying anything over $200. And I'm thinking what I want surpasses that significantly.

For the most part, I don't mind driving slow, "it's the journey". Right?

Scott,

my portable air compressor was $40.00, ( mv-50 ) and it works just as good as the $200.00 + Viair. There was a good comparison done on thes two compressors on Ex. Portal a while back. Although not as quick as some of the spendy units it still does a good job at a fraction of the cost. Here's the link.

http.//www.parksoffroad.com/prodrevi...flatormain.htm

marc

Dude! I can already go faster than any sane person should! :D I just want to do it more comfortably...!

Yeah, yeah, yeah... :) That was the big difference when I made the switch was that the tires would actually stick to the ground rather than bouncing all over the road from the stiff stock suspension.

And you are right.... it is the Journey. I can't wait to check out that area. It is a part of Arizona that I haven't spent much time in.

Kyle

I have a nice compressor in the Jeep. Was pricey. I'll get a cheapy unit from Kragen or somewhere for the truck. So its slow. I have time.

Back
Top Bottom