Pipestone OHV area, Montana

oly884

Advanced Member
Got out for a night and a day this weekend. I would have liked to have the whole weekend, but time didn't permit it.

Anyways, here's some pics:

DSC_3049.jpg

DSC_3055.jpg

DSC_3047.jpg

DSC_3053.jpg

Some more pics:

Same one, but sepia toned:
DSC_3052-copy.jpg

Some exploring:
DSC_3060.jpg

DSC_3080.jpg

Just some simple stickers to let every one know what they should expect if they decide to act in an inappropriate manner.

DSC_3061.jpg

You'll also notice a new bumper and lights.

I ended up getting a TJM bumper (winch coming soon) and some lightforce 240's w/ HID bulbs. The bumper is awesome, but the lights are unreal! Got to try them out last night and it's simply amazing how bright they are. I'll get some pictures sometime soon of them in action.

Nice set up you have Oly...beautiful country out there too. It's always nice to get out, even if for just one night! Thanks for posting.

I have the smaller non hid lightforce lights. They're very impressive. I can't imagine what yours do. My 100w hellas get completely blown away by the lightforces. Nice area. Looks like you had it all to yourself.

Oly ...

Nice rig you have there. Pics look great also. How do you compare those Light Force to the Hella's? I've heard good things about them.

Marc

Alex, I have these tires: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Winterforce&tireModel=M%2BS

I should update my sig because they are 265/70/R16's and not the 255/85/R16's. However, I will be buying another set of 255/85/R16's once it thaws here, most likely BFG MT's.

Marc, I have not had a side by side comparison, but I've seen the hella 4000's. You can't compare HID to non-HID, there is no question that the HID's are brighter, but the wallet pays for that! Heck, 130 watt halogen lights don't compare to the 35 watt HID's!

The Hella 4000's in HID are very similar to the Lightforce HID's though. What I prefer about the Lightforce lights is the ability to focus the light similar to a maglight by rotating the housing, also the interchangeable filters are a very nice feature.

Oly,

Great pics! Thanks for sharing. I also like your leveling stones.

I always leave home without them!

I usually find a level place, but if I can't get it just right, I'll utilize good ol' mother earth.

Back
Top Bottom