Plano Gear Box

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human
Site Team
RV LIFE Pro
I was looking for another RubberMaid Action Packer, but didn’t find one in Baker City. However, I did stumble on the Plano 27 Gallon Multi Purpose Tote at the local BiMart. For $40, it seems to be pretty neat. The lid is secured with two latches on the sides, and rollers on one end. They will sit nicely on the sides of the Cougar shell, as well as easily slide into the back of an 8’ bed.

Steve,

Interestingly, Roseann and I have given two of these a pretty good workout over the last two years. We fly back and forth to our place in Fairbanks, and have to bring all our books for sale, and other business stuff, each time. Both cases have survived airline baggage handling multiple times just fine. We zip-tie the latches shut for insurance, but haven't had any problems. Well recommended for the price.

I had to pack up 50 years accumulation of shop tools when I moved to the PNW. I bought 6 of the Planos to pack chainsaws, hole hawgs, concrete saws, framing nailers, and every odd sized tool imaginable. I also bought 8 black storage bins with yellow lids from Home Depot and loaded them up with up with misc. tools. I moved all of my shop equipment along with the plastic bins in a trailer and made the 600 mile+ drive. All of the Plano boxes held up well. 4 of the HD bins cracked and after unloading them I promptly returned them. I really like the latches on the Plano lids and the bins are very comfortable to pick up and move around.
You made a good purchase!!

Interested. There are apparently 2 versions: one $34 Plano Sportsman and the other Plano waterproof $44. Which ones are we talking about?

Gotcha thanks. They seem to be rare out this way but they look like what is most practical … I’ll hunt for one.

I found these Husky Storage Bins at Home Depot. They are waterproof & can be configured to swing open to either side or the top can be removed. The top is polycarbonate & thus pretty tough. The top being transparent, one can see what is inside without opening the lid.

Only had them a couple months so I don’t really know about how long they will really last. Bought several 5 & 12 gallon one for transporting my ham gear, but plan to use them also for storing food etc in the back seat area of the truck. Saw a review of the 5 gallon tote on a ham site I follow.

Paul

Back
Top Bottom