Point Reyes National Seashore - March 2018

Nice getaway & report. Thoughts & prayers to the Lady and her father. Good for you to know and provide the appropriate support.

Paul

The coast is a good place to lose some stress. Took me a minute to get the Dump Duck reference. I like it.

Thank you!! Good to know about those sites. This is within a couple hour's drive from me and I'm on the lookout for truck camper friendly spots within shouting distance.

Another restaurant experience nearby is Vladimir's Czech restaurant in Inverness. Haven't been in years - I think Vladimir passed on - but family owned for many years and they had so many stories when I went. Caveat I had to roll myself out of there, it's not light fare!

Great trip Ski.Your photos of all the natural beach things are beautiful.
The sand dollars are a hit also.Years ago up at Miracle Beach CG on Vancouver Island
We were walking the beach at one of the very low tides and found a colony
of live Sand Dollars they are very interesting to see live.
Next time we go to Pt. Reyes we will have to look into staying at Olema CG.
We usually stay at Sam P Taylor. Not knowing what the privet Olema CG is like,although we pass
it coming and going to the area.
Thanks for the break in the gloominess.
Frank

Nice trip report and photos. We have some good memories of the coast and Point Reyes. Thanks for taking us back.

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
The sand dollars are a hit also.Years ago up at Miracle Beach CG on Vancouver Island
We usually stay at Sam P Taylor. Not knowing what the privet Olema CG is like,although we pass
Frank
I've been to Miracle Beach and have seen that colony.... amazing.

PaulT said:
Nice getaway & report. Thoughts & prayers to the Lady and her father. Good for you to know and provide the appropriate support.

Paul
Paul, thank you. The Lady's father is doing remarkably well now.

Ted said:
The coast is a good place to lose some stress. Took me a minute to get the Dump Duck reference. I like it.
It worked wonders, Ted. Thank you. I first heard the "Dump Duck" reference in the movie "The Perfect Storm" many years ago.

Moose Dog said:
Thank you!! Good to know about those sites. This is within a couple hour's drive from me and I'm on the lookout for truck camper friendly spots within shouting distance.

Another restaurant experience nearby is Vladimir's Czech restaurant in Inverness. Haven't been in years - I think Vladimir passed on - but family owned for many years and they had so many stories when I went. Caveat I had to roll myself out of there, it's not light fare!
Thanks for the top on Vladimir's Moose Dog! Over the years we've walked by the place many times but never bought a meal there. You have many opportunities for truck campering in your area. We've happy to help.

Tuff Guy 62 said:
What a great weekend getaway. Thanks for sharing and taking us along.
You are most welcome Tuff Guy!

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Frank
Frank, thanks for the tip on sand dollar colonies. A new quest! Olema Campground is okay and serves its purpose in being the closest campground. We've stayed at Samuel P. Taylor and enjoyed it, but with the predicted gloomy weather we just did not want to be in dripping thick trees. Both of us prefer more open space when camping.

takesiteasy said:
Nice trip report and photos. We have some good memories of the coast and Point Reyes. Thanks for taking us back.
Thanks takesiteasy. We find it remarkable the number of choices we have for getaways - the coast, the mountains, the desert, and even more in between.

marc said:
Great TR Ski! Thank you.
marc, glad you enjoyed it. Thank you!

Beautiful area. Funny you mention Alfred Hitchcock. Saw the school building that was in the movie, The Bird's along 101. Plan on revisiting your coast in a couple of years. Thanks for sharing. jd

Another little gem to tuck away into your wonderful travels.
I enjoyed the well composed photos and detailed links.

We're inspired to plan a trip to the west instead of our usual East Side obsession.

Keep 'em coming!

longhorn1 said:
Beautiful area. Funny you mention Alfred Hitchcock. Saw the school building that was in the movie, The Bird's along 101. Plan on revisiting your coast in a couple of years. Thanks for sharing. jd
Yes John, Hitchcock's The Birds is a fun local tourist industry in Bodega Bay. Here's the official link - Filming The Birds In Bodega Bay

Lighthawk said:
Another little gem to tuck away into your wonderful travels.
I enjoyed the well composed photos and detailed links.

We're inspired to plan a trip to the west instead of our usual East Side obsession.

Keep 'em coming!
Lighthawk, thank you for the encouragement and very kind comments!

Really nice photos. I especially like the crab shell and the tree with the water in the back ground. Beautiful. You were in our hood. We are from San Rafael, “over the the hill” as the West Marin people call it. I also did a bit of work with the Feds at the Seashore. There are some great hikes out there.

As for Occidental, in the 50s or early 60s, my mother and father would travel from San Francisco for day trips and dinner at either Negri’s or the Union Hotel. For some reason I think there was another Italian restaurant in town as well. There were always strong opinions from the San Francisco Italians who would make the long drive up on Sundays as to which restaurant was the best. I vaguely remember going with mom and dad, but I was just a little kid. I know I liked the food but at which restaurant, I have no idea.

Back to now. We have been on the road now for a couple of weeks in Arizona and Utah. As you do, I love the desert. It is stark contrast to the coast but both have their own special beauty. Your photos and trip reports from where ever you travel always give a wonderful sense of place. So thanks again for taking us along. Ron

Back
Top Bottom