Pop Up Camper Special Olympics

ski3pin

Belay On
Site Team
I did not want to hijack another thread.

I was going to respond to this statement -

"I can drive my truck up to 60mph with the roof in the up position. I don't know if you can do that with a FWC or ATC."

With this -

"Someday, somewhere in the West I see a possibility of a pop up camper get together complete with Olympic style events (I know, an exaggeration, it would be more likely toward Special Olympics) including highest speed attained in the top up position....................."

Let your twisted Wander the West imaginations run free and please offer up other possible events

Bacon cooking events?

Generator long distance toss?

Let's start simple, how many people and their dogs can you get into one FWC with the (1) top down, (2) top up :oops: -(of course), while cooking bacon on the stove :p ?

Smoke

Purely for emergency planning - how far can your truck travel fueled only by vodka or gentleman jim?

I know, I know, never waste a drop of that stuff!

ski3pin said:
Purely for emergency planning - how far can your truck travel fueled only by vodka or gentleman jim?

Ski-that's what the dogs are for---arn't they? Never waste a drop!

Smoke

I am uninterested in bacon cooking events. I am, however, very interested in bacon tasting events.

Alan

I remember someone tried to drown a Four Wheel Camper in a river awhile back. We should include water events.

ski3pin said:

Prolly not as far as I could hoof it after parking the truck and setting forth with the vodka and Jim!

Most unusual place to park your camper. Best job of camouflaging your camper.

I offer up my services to judge any event involving bacon :love:

Seems like a high speed race driving backwards in the dark would be appropriate. Those with backup cameras and flood lights could finally justify having them (me included). :D Although I must admit I use the backup camera a lot. The flood lights not so much.

ski3pin said:

Combining some events- how far could you drive fueled only by gentleman jim and bacon grease while cooking bacon. Advantage goes to the old diesels. :p

I once decided that it was blowing so hard we had to take the top down to avoid being blown over. Taking the top down in a high wind at night in (and partly out) of your PJs would be an event with high audience enjoyment.

Hittheroad said:
I once decided that it was blowing so hard we had to take the top down to avoid being blown over. Taking the top down in a high wind at night in (and partly out) of your PJs would be an event with high audience enjoyment.
Bingo! We have a shoo in for an event! :)

It is actually a great deal more exciting than it might seem. The air pressure inside can be higher than that out and free of the stays the popup does pop up like a balloon.

Another member was once known as the World Famous Backerupper. I myself have backed into a number of items. Perhaps an obstacle course to be driven in reverse.

Ted said:
Another member was once known as the World Famous Backerupper. I myself have backed into a number of items. Perhaps an obstacle course to be driven in reverse.
With and without backup cameras and flood lights as per takesiteasy. We need an event involving pink flamingos.

ski3pin said:
With and without backup cameras and flood lights as per takesiteasy. We need an event involving pink flamingos.
Pink flamingo slolum course.

JHa6av8r said:
Pink flamingo slolum course.
I know this doesn't have much to do with the Special Olympics,but.
If anyone is traveling west on I80 past Elko,NV where the tunnels are,there is construction on them and the west bound tunnel is closed.As a detour they have you take the old road along the Humboldt River.On our way home from YNP I spotted a whole "heard" of pink flamingos in the river bottom.Sorry no picture too much traffic.
Someone has a good sense of humor.
Maybe you could add a flamingo round up event.
Bring on the bacon fry.
Frank

I know exactly who to call.

On our way home from YNP I spotted a whole "heard" of pink flamingos in the river bottom
Hmmm, Simimike, you been in Nevada lately?

Great to see the migration is back. They have been off and on staying there since I can remember back in the mid 1980's.

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
If anyone is traveling west on I80 past Elko,NV where the tunnels are,there is construction on them and the west bound tunnel is closed.As a detour they have you take the old road along the Humboldt River.On our way home from YNP I spotted a whole "heard" of pink flamingos in the river bottom.
Frank

Bird Flu hits Florida trailer park!!!

Back
Top Bottom