Porch Light

smlobx said:
I put two similar LED strips inside our camper and some dampness kilt one dead & static discharge got the other's controller. Going to re-install inside the diffusers sold for them and try it again.

I'm pondering a section of this: https://www.1000bulbs.com/category/three-eighths-inch-led-12-volt-warm-white-rope-light/ for under the camper's bed-rail over-hangs and around the edge of the tarp-awning.

Bill D said:
That is very bright (720 lumens).
That's about what a 75W incandescent light bulb puts out. The 280 lumen ones seem kind of wimpy (less than a 30W bulb). Think that is enough?

JaSAn said:
That's about what a 75W incandescent light bulb puts out. The 280 lumen ones seem kind of wimpy (less than a 30W bulb). Think that is enough?
I was thinking of lumens in relation to how bright a 1000 lumen flash light is (which is extremely bright). I don't know how lumens is rated relative to the width of the light emitted ie. flood light vs. spot light.
So with that being said... I haven't a clue.

As a general point of reference, a 30 ft. string of warm white LED Xmas lights strung around the perimeter of our tarp-awning is enough light to cook by without being so bright that just sitting out under them was unpleasant.

I wasn't sure if I wanted the rear floods when I ordered my camper, I'm glad I listened to the folks who said to order them. They surely keep the manbearpig at bay in the middle of the night when you need a potty break. IMG_20180210_192317_258.jpg20180203_203416.jpg

Bill D said:
I was thinking of lumens in relation to how bright a 1000 lumen flash light is (which is extremely bright). I don't know how lumens is rated relative to the width of the light emitted ie. flood light vs. spot light.
So with that being said... I haven't a clue.
Simply put, Lumens are the amount of light emitted from a light source. Lux is how that light is diistributed over the surface area the light falls upon.

http://www.differencebetween.com/difference-between-lux-and-vs-lumen/

Paul

Back
Top Bottom