Portable Shower

Ambling1

Advanced Member
This is a hand pump garden type sprayer converted to a solar shower. I found the sprayer at Wmart in the paint dept. The hose that was included is too short so I bought vinyl water tubing in the same size at the hardware store. The wand is then attached to the tubing and on to the shower head. The shower head is from a Zodi shower system and is attached to the wand with vinyl tubing. Total cost for me was about $20 plus tax without the shower head. When filled with 2 gallons this shower will last 6 minutes. During a shower you will have to repump 2 to 4 times to keep the pressure up. When solar isn't enough pour a hot kettle of water to temper. Use for shower, dishes, muddy boots, bikes, windshield....

Attachments

• DSCF1659 (640x480).jpg
    DSCF1659 (640x480).jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 277
If you don't want to do it yourself, there's this. The price is right, but the hose hose is too short, IMHO.

In a previous thread, this was mentioned. More $$ but also more volume and a longer hose.

We have the second link. I like it though we've only really used it once. Currently working on a suspended outside shower curtain using hoola-hoop technology.

we did the homebuild route and used it for ?three seasons? then my MacGirlver of a wife came up with a battery operated version from home depot by flo-master.

She also purchased (yes she is obsessed with having a nice shower while on the trail) one that folds down in a pouch that is foot operated from REI. We go the two parts room temp water to one part boiling water since _sun_ in our preferred PNW is a rare thing.

24049_700.jpg

I came across a guy on the Ducy trail several years ago that had a stainless sprayer mounted under the hood of his Jeep. He had a nice warm shower at the end of the day.

I've a couple liquid to liquid heat exchangers, including one Helton thats intended for On-Board Showers ("OBS"?) that I've thought to try out. I'm just leary of creating a new failure mode in the CTD's cooling system.

Back
Top Bottom