Porti-pottis..

Brian

I now have a new portipotti in the camper and am wondering if anyone has ideas of what to use for deoderant other than the weird stinky stuff they have for rvs? :eek: of course we will empty right away but may need to store contents for a spell.
Thanks for any input...:confused:
Brian

:rolleyes: Maybe this is more information than people like to know butt...

I settled on Thetford Campa-Chem Natural. It is formaldehyde free. This is important to me because I have an RV dump into my septic tank. It is available in 8 oz. bottle which is easy to store. The fragrance is not overpowering.

Hint: I keep a small spary bottle of Chinch for cleaning the stove and counters handy. The porta potti bowl doesn't rinse well and a spritz of Chinch in the bowl from time to time keeps those oders under control. Other brands would work also.

That's all the hindsight I have to offer.;)

The formaldehyde products work very well. Depends on where you're dumping. Thing to keep in mind, if you use a formaldehyde product, you can't switch over to a bioagent. The residual product will kill the little bugs.

portipotti

Thanks guys....
I like your humor Desert Don! Know that you didn't waste it. And even tho your post was number two, Craig333, I will heed your bug warning.
Brian

I got tired of the formaldehyde smell and purchased some tablets (I don't remember the name) at a trailer supply store. Six tablets for about $5, but they do the job and smell MUCH better!

I'm not sure the ladies would like this one

It is kinda primitive

But it's sure a funny idea

You wouldn't have to worry about smelling the camper up inside

:)

Attachments

• Bumper Dumper 2.jpg
    Bumper Dumper 2.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 422
  • Bumper Dumper 1.jpg
    Bumper Dumper 1.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 432
i definately need one of those...room with a view!

Ladies would probably like it better than a shovel.

I'm not sure the ladies would like this one

It is kinda primitive

But it's sure a funny idea

You wouldn't have to worry about smelling the camper up inside

:)

It's no doubt more comfortable than a hovering over a hole dug with a shovel and you could always get a shower privy for privacy.

www.bumperdumper.com

it is for sale

not too expensive

check it out at ... www.bumperdumper.com

(really, no kidding, that is the name)

I also don't like the smell or the toxic nature of the blue gue but it is very effective for the purpose. I may look into the tablets as an alternative.

Good stuff! I am still laughing at the look on the Mego-bago owners face in the Walmart parking lot when they look out and see me on my bumper-dumper! Maybe I'd better stick with the porti!
Brian

Back
Top Bottom