Portland bridges?

Bseek

Gypsy Feet
I get the willies on the I5 North bridge in Portland because it is so dang high. I tell my brain "you never go off the road, why would you here?" but it just doesn't work. Does anyone know of an alternate route into Washington, using lower bridges? I think I detoured to swing by VooDoo doughnuts once and ended up on a different route.

North bound I405 would be the Fremont bridge. As you are on the lower level, it does not appear to be all that high. Both the I5 Marquam and the I205 bridges are open top northbound.
On the return, take the I5 Marquam bridge as it is the lower level.

Paul

Bseek said:
I get the willies on the I5 North bridge in Portland because it is so dang high. I tell my brain "you never go off the road, why would you here?" but it just doesn't work. Does anyone know of an alternate route into Washington, using lower bridges? I think I detoured to swing by VooDoo doughnuts once and ended up on a different route.
What do you on the Parrots Ferry and hwy 49 bridge over Melones Lake,when the lake is down to the original? (600' to water)
Also how about the Golden Gate or Bay bridges or some of the beautiful 101 bridges in Oregon?
Just have someone else drive and close your eyes.
That's what Shar does.
Frank

Actually I do better if I am driving because I feel "in control". I think the reason I don't like that particular bridge is because it is "banked". Getting on the 110 from the 405 S does the same thing to me. I feel like I am going to slide off unless I keep up speed. And speaking of speed, other drivers that are used to the commute get a little testy if we with California plates slow down to enjoy the view.

But I have to say thank you to the various posters who kindly gave me an alternate route. This community rocks!

Back
Top Bottom