Possible water flow problem "FIXED"

Jamesiam

I haven’t tried any problem solving myself but thought I’d get some tips before diving in. I never used my water tank and sink in my old camper but thought I might start using it in my new to me 2005 hawk. I placed the hose on the spicket to the left in photo and filled the tank about a third of the way per meter, climbed in and threw the switch for pump. It started coming out slowly in sink but heard something outside. As you see in photo the water is being pumped out from the side. I placed that flimsy rubber piece back over spout hole but pressure was to strong and immediately started shooting out again. I’m pretty sure I’ll find a little knob pointing in the wrong direction somewhere but has anybody seen this?

Attachments

• edit 1.jpg
    edit 1.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 112
  • edit 2.jpg
    edit 2.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 113
For a very short time (maybe 6 months) back in late 2004 / 2005, FWC installed a check valve inside the kitchen cabinets.

When (if) that gets clogged up, then the water will come out the city water connection.

It would probably be best to remove it, and put a solid piece of tubing where it was.

(remove and bypass the old check valve)

That way it won’t happen again in the future.

Hope this helps.

Have a great weekend !

Attachments

• Check Valve Picture # 4.jpg
    Check Valve Picture # 4.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 140
  • Check Valve Picture # 3.jpg
    Check Valve Picture # 3.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 155
  • Check Valve Picture # 2.jpg
    Check Valve Picture # 2.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 132
  • Check Valve Picture # 1.jpg
    Check Valve Picture # 1.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 131
  • check valve.jpg
    check valve.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 87
Sounds good guys ! I don't have the hot water option but I will follow lines from tank to all points leading outside and search for that pesky check valve, and remove it. I will be painting the base of camper and fixing this water issue this weekend, all I need to do is pick up a sixer!

To possibly save your self a few minutes and some frustration, you might want to call Terry in our service department before you start tearing your cabinets apart.

:)

You might NOT even have a check valve in there.

It could just be the check valve right at the city water hook up (and not the mystery check valve inside the kitchen cabinets).

Might want to look at some simpiler things first, before looking at the more difficult options.

Trouble shoot, play around with, and tinker with the easy stuff first, and then gradually work towards the harder items if you still can't find it.

FWC SERVICE

ASK FOR TERRY

1-800-242-1442

Try and stay cool.

It is HOT here in the Sacramento Valley this week

:(

Sounds good guys ! I don't have the hot water option but I will follow lines from tank to all points leading outside and search for that pesky check valve, and remove it. I will be painting the base of camper and fixing this water issue this weekend, all I need to do is pick up a sixer!

My camper, an '06, has 2 check valves. One is at the inlet to the water heater which I assume keeps the hot water from backflowing as it heats and expands. The other is at the city water inlet which I think is your problem area. Both are in the cabinet.

"Both are in the cabinet," lucky me!

I suppose it's good to take the cabinet off and take a peak behind there and see what makes this rig tick!

Well it was a great weekend for the camper. Saturday evening I was able to apply my first coat of paint for bottom of camper and Sunday it was water flow time.
I was able to disconnect all 12 volt electronics, pump and batter indicator, cig lighter plug and thermostat plus a 120 plug from cabinet without any trouble, then removed cabinet face. I also took photos of all wiring just in case I misplaced the paper in which I had written everything down on. So after everything was taken apart I realized I would at least need by water pump switch connected which was simple to do. I turned water pump on and just like previously water escaped from side of camper. I then hooked up city water and the sink worked wonderfully of course.
After worrying that I was going to have to undo those crimp clamps and cutting tubing I thought to myself to maybe peer into city water hook up and see if that check valve was visible. Camel racer suspected that’s where I was having trouble and that’s where I should have started. There is a very small screen the size of a dime that is curved in like a little net, or out depending on which way you look at it. Three days before while I was filling tank to clean out, that screen had popped out and you might be able to guess that I had put it in backwards! I placed the screen in with the curve dipping into truck thinking of it as a catcher but in doing that I pushed open the check valve which was the cause of my problem.
I did some extra work but am pleased that it was fixed and that I didn’t cause any new damage while working on this which is the case at times. When I go home today I will put everything back together and start my next project soon, reflectix that is wrapped on the outside of camper which I think is brilliant.

Thanks everyone for giving me some thoughts and pointers!

My camper, an '06, has 2 check valves. One is at the inlet to the water heater which I assume keeps the hot water from backflowing as it heats and expands. The other is at the city water inlet which I think is your problem area. Both are in the cabinet.

"The other is at the city water inlet which I think is your problem area." Good call, that's where my caused by myself problem was!

Back
Top Bottom