Post Purchase Factory Installed Furnace?

telebrewer

Advanced Member
Has anyone had a factory installed furnace put in their camper that didn't come with one? Is it worth it? I have a '94 in good shape and don't really trust the portable heater I have. Thanks.

My guess is the frame is there not matter what. Being interesting to see how much Stan wants for it. I'm gonna go out a limb and say its going to be worth it. I could handle cold much better when I was 18 than I can now. I hate being cold.

Has anyone had a factory installed furnace put in their camper that didn't come with one? Is it worth it? I have a '94 in good shape and don't really trust the portable heater I have. Thanks.

I had a furnace installed in my '96 Grandby by the guys over at ATC. After a trip with only a Mr Buddy heater and temps down to 20 I decided to the have furnace installed. I haven't looked back...love it..As has been said lots of times on the forum, they do make noise, but I think it took me two nights to get used to it, and I don't hear it cycle any more. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

I installed the factory heater in our Eagle 5 months after taking delivery of the new camper. About $500.00 for the parts and maybe 5 hours work and well worth every dollar and hour, we were never cold again. FWC wanted approximately $800.00 for the after market install but could be more now. The factory heater does produce some noise but not enough to outweigh the comfort level and convenience it produces.

dezul, I got your email after writing this post but it appears I answered your questions with the exception of the camper year. Our camper was a 2006 Eagle which is now owner by Bill & Jan Johnson (aka the famous "Mr Johnson"). If you have any other question feel free to ask.

Back
Top Bottom